Book an education visit to Wakehurst
Visit with your school or university group and be inspired by our wild botanic garden in Sussex.
Wakehurst is a living laboratory and a site of globally significant plant science, the perfect place for curious minds and hands-on learning.
- EYFS to KS5 education sessions led by a Wakehurst teacher.
- Self-led visits. Please note, these are for smaller groups only. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01444 894055 to enquire about a booking.
Before you book
- Please choose one workshop.
- Have a choice of 3 dates available, in order of preference, for your visit.
- We will need the contact details of a lead teacher and a school finance contact.
- Check our prices and other practical information.
- If booking in spring, check our spring offers on Wakehurst school sessions.
A typical full-day primary visit would feature a central workshop, a learning trail in the gardens and one further session. Secondary visits typically feature two to three sessions, depending on the workshop.
Choose one session and add notes regarding other requirements in the ‘Any additional comments’ box at the end of the booking form.
Once you have booked, one of our experienced teachers will contact you to build a day around your chosen session, ensuring that all of your learning objectives are covered.
We aim to confirm your booking within 5 working days.
If you would like to cancel or alter your booking more than 4 weeks before your visit date, there will not be a charge.
Please see our terms and conditions.
Please note we have limited availability for the Spring / Summer term, particularly if you wish to bring more than one class.
We encourage you to book for the Autumn term when Wakehurst is beautiful, or to book early for next spring/summer to ensure your choice of dates.
We also have an outreach offer, where we can bring certain primary sessions to your school.
**'We' refers to the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew and its wholly owned trading subsidiary RBG Kew Enterprises Limited.