Press and media
Our Press Office can offer the latest news, spokespeople and media assets to members of the press.
Contact the Press Office
For Kew Gardens and the Millennium Seed Bank Partnership call the Press Office during weekday office hours on 020 8332 5607 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For out-of-hours press enquiries call 020 8332 5000 and a duty press officer will be contacted. Please note this number is for members of the press only.
For general enquiries please contact the information team on 020 8332 5655 or email email@example.com
For commercial filming or photography enquiries please call 020 8332 3676 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For Wakehurst call Press Officer Sandra Howard during office hours on 01444 894336 or email email@example.com
We welcome visits by media representatives researching stories and programmes about the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
For a complimentary media pass you must apply in advance. We cannot issue complimentary media passes on the day, even to those with evidence of valid media accreditation.
Please download and complete a media visit application form and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will issue you with a complimentary media pass if we are able to accommodate your visit.
Access with a media pass is limited to the public areas of the Gardens, unless requested otherwise.
Latest press releases
Brightest colours ever created on display for first time: Naturally Brilliant Colour exhibition comes to Kew Gardens
19 February 2021
Scientists lay out 10 golden rules for restoring forests
26 January 2021
Dennis and Gnasher’s Big Bonanza at Kew
18 December 2020
View and download images from our library of high resolution press images.
Call or email the Press Office for a username and password.
Press filming and photography guidelines
We will handle non-commercial filming and photography free of charge or part-charged if we think it will benefit Kew Gardens (by publicising our scientific work, festival or status as a visitor attraction). Any charge would depend on the nature and duration of your filming in the Gardens.
These guidelines outline the service we provide and what is required of you.
Making a filming/photography request
- Submit a detailed itinerary to the Press Office including locations, plants, interviews and accurate timings and email to email@example.com
- Filming/photography is not permitted at weekends or after the Gardens/Glasshouses close (these timings vary seasonally).
- Filming can also be arranged through our commercial filming department who charge their time by the hour and can offer more flexibility. Call 020 8332 3676 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recce: we require the crew/photographer to carry out a recce with a member of Kew staff.
- Location release: we will sign this at the recce stage
- Insurance agreement: supply this at the recce stage
- Personal/parental release forms: it is the responsibility of the crew/photographer to gain signed consent where necessary before filming.
Requirements on day of filming/photography
- Kew staff accompany the crew/photographer at all times, your filming is dependent on staff being available.
- We ask that you do not interact with the public. It is essential that you consult us if you intend to interact with the public and, if we agree, that you gain personal/parental permission.