Book an education visit to Kew Gardens
Visit with your school or university group and be inspired by our world-leading botanic gardens.
We are accepting bookings for school visits from 1 September 2020 onwards.
- Education sessions for school groups, led by a Kew teacher
- Self-led visits for schools groups and university groups.
Before you book:
- If booking an education session, please choose your session
- Please be aware that education sessions timings are fixed and run from 10.30am to 2.20pm (except KS5). We will create an itinerary for you based on the availability of our Kew teachers.
- Check our prices. If you wish to visit in the next 5 weeks or between March and July please call us on 020 8332 3832 (weekdays 9am to 4pm) before completing the form, to check availability.
By submitting this form you become liable for payment in full (see our Terms and Conditions). If you amend or cancel your booking you may incur fees.
Alterations: During our busy period from March to July, we may not be able to accommodate changes to confirmed bookings. Schools remain liable to pay the relevant fees.
Notices in relation to coronavirus (Covid-19)
During the ongoing situation in relation to Covid-19, we are temporarily changing our approach regarding booking school visits to Kew.
We are accepting provisional bookings from September until December 2020 and you will not need to commit and pay for your visit until three weeks before your visit date.
If you would like to cancel or alter your booking more than three weeks before the visit date, there will not be a charge. However you can only alter your booking date twice before a £20 alteration fee is applied.
In the event that the education session you have booked is not able to be delivered due to issues related to Covid-19 at the time, we will provide you with as much notice as reasonably practicable and offer you a self-led visit or you can postpone or cancel your booking and we will refund any booking fee paid.
These temporary changes amend clause 3 ‘Booking’ and clause 4 ‘Alteration and Cancellation of Bookings’ in our Terms and Conditions. All other clauses remain the same.
Please note that due to government guidelines we are unable to guarantee access to the school lunch space at this time. However, as the situation is constantly changing, we hope that the space will be open at the time of your visit.