Book an education visit to Kew Gardens
Visit with your school or university group and be inspired by our world-leading botanic gardens.
- Education sessions for school groups, led by a Kew teacher
- Self-led visits for schools groups and university groups.
Before you book:
- If booking an education session, please choose your session
- Please be aware that education sessions timings are fixed and run from 10.30am to 2.20pm (except KS5). We will create an itinerary for you based on the availability of our Kew teachers.
- Check our prices. Please note that due to coronavirus restrictions and limited capacity, we are currently unable to take short notice bookings (within 6 weeks of your visit date) for education sessions. We are able to take short notice bookings for self-led sessions where we have availability.
By submitting this form you become liable for payment in full (see our Terms and Conditions). If you amend or cancel your booking you may incur fees.
Alterations: During our busy period from March to July, we may not be able to accommodate changes to confirmed bookings. Schools remain liable to pay the relevant fees.
Visiting during coronavirus
In line with current government guidance, we are currently accepting bookings for schools to visit the Gardens from 12 April 2021.
- Our indoor spaces (including glasshouses and lunch spaces) will not be opening until 17 May.
- We are also unable to offer education sessions prior to 17 May.
Your safety, and that of our staff, is our highest priority. That's why we've introduced new measures to ensure your group has a safe and enjoyable visit.
To make sure your school has a safe visit, sessions that would usually be delivered in a glasshouse or classroom have been adapted to mainly take place outside.
To make it easier for you to visit us, we're temporarily changing our approach to school bookings during these difficult times.
- For visits between January and December 2021, you won't need to commit and pay for your visit until six weeks before your visit date.
If you would like to cancel or alter your booking more than six weeks before the visit date, there will not be a charge. You can alter your booking date twice before a £20 alteration fee is applied.
If an education session you have booked isn't able to be delivered due to coronavirus, we will provide you with as much notice as reasonably practicable.
We will offer you a self-led visit, or you can postpone or cancel your booking and we will refund any booking fee paid.
These temporary changes amend clause 3 ‘Booking’ and clause 4 ‘Alteration and Cancellation of Bookings’ in our Terms and Conditions. All other clauses remain the same.
Supporting NHS Test and Trace
We are legally required to request and record the contact details of customers and visitors over the age of 16. Any teachers, parents, or students over the age of 16 will be required to check in via the NHS Test and Trace app, using the NHS QR code posters displayed at the site entrance. Please factor this into your travel/arrival time.
Any teachers, parents, or students over the age of 16 who do not have the NHS Test and Trace app must be recorded by your school as an attendee on your visit. Please download this form RBG Kew Schools Test and Trace to record the necessary details, which must be stored by your school for 21 days and must be made available to NHS Test and Trace if requested. You do not need to provide Kew with a copy of this form.
Once your booking is confirmed, you are agreeing that your group will either use the NHS QR code posters on arrival, or will record contact details on the form provided.