Book an education visit to Kew Gardens
Visit with your school or university group and be inspired by our world-leading botanic gardens. In line with current government guidance, we are not taking education session bookings for visits prior to 4 May 2021. We are continuing to take bookings for visits after this time.
- Education sessions for school groups, led by a Kew teacher
- Self-led visits for schools groups and university groups.
Before you book:
- If booking an education session, please choose your session
- Please be aware that education sessions timings are fixed and run from 10.30am to 2.20pm (except KS5). We will create an itinerary for you based on the availability of our Kew teachers.
- Check our prices. If you wish to visit in the next 5 weeks or between March and July please call us on 020 8332 3832 (weekdays 9am to 4pm) before completing the form, to check availability.
By submitting this form you become liable for payment in full (see our Terms and Conditions). If you amend or cancel your booking you may incur fees.
Alterations: During our busy period from March to July, we may not be able to accommodate changes to confirmed bookings. Schools remain liable to pay the relevant fees.
Visiting during coronavirus
In line with current government guidance, we are not taking education session bookings for visits prior to 4 May 2021. We are continuing to take bookings for visits after this time.
Your safety, and that of our staff, is our highest priority. That's why we've introduced new measures to ensure your group has a safe and enjoyable visit.
To make sure your school has a safe visit, sessions that would usually be delivered in a glasshouse or classroom have been adapted to mainly take place outside.
To make it easier for you to visit us, we're temporarily changing our approach to school bookings during these difficult times.
- For visits between January and July 2021, you won't need to commit and pay for your visit until six weeks before your visit date.
If you would like to cancel or alter your booking more than six weeks before the visit date, there will not be a charge. You can alter your booking date twice before a £20 alteration fee is applied.
If an education session you have booked isn't able to be delivered due to coronavirus, we will provide you with as much notice as reasonably practicable.
We will offer you a self-led visit, or you can postpone or cancel your booking and we will refund any booking fee paid.
These temporary changes amend clause 3 ‘Booking’ and clause 4 ‘Alteration and Cancellation of Bookings’ in our Terms and Conditions. All other clauses remain the same.