Willow weaving workshop
Join one of our fun willow weaving workshops to create your own beautiful willow structure.
Friday 11 September 2020: Plant support
Friday 2 October 2020: Flower
Friday 16 October 2020: Heron SOLD OUT
Meet at the Wakehurst Visitor Centre
£80 for Wakehurst and Kew members
Includes day entry to gardens and car parking
Join us to discover the secrets of the traditional art of willow weaving and create your own willow structure.
Choose one of our workshops to weave either a beautiful willow hen, plant support, flower or heron.
These lovely forms will be made from willow coppiced on site here at Wakehurst.
Workshop leader Dominic Parrette, a Sussex-based basket maker and willow grower, will guide you through the willow weaving process to help you produce a stunning structure that will look great in your garden.
Dominic specialises in traditional frame baskets, organically woven willow forms and beautiful strong plant supports.
He sources willow, sweet chestnut and hazel from local coppice woodlands and willow beds, and is committed to sustainable woodland management.
- Some of the willow creations may be large and will need to be transported home at the end of the day so please make suitable arrangements
- Please note, lunch is not provided. You may enjoy a packed lunch in our gardens, or buy food from one of our cafés or restaurant
- Ideally the workshops will be held outside in the gardens but this is dependent on the weather
COVID-19 (coronavirus) notice
You can book with confidence for our many Wakehurst workshops. Come along knowing that the safety and wellbeing of our visitors is of the upmost importance to us. We are continually monitoring and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic situation as it evolves.
Current plans in place for the comfort and reassurance of our visitors include:
- Limited capacity to ensure social distancing
- No shared equipment where possible
- Additional cleaning of the venue
- Sanitising stations are available
We will continue to review the situation and communicate any further updates with you.
If you are unable to attend because of government restrictions in place due to coronavirus, please contact the customer service desk at email@example.com at the earliest opportunity to discuss further.