Willow deer making workshop
Weave your own ornamental willow deer at our fun and easy-to-follow workshop.
Saturday 31 October 2020 SOLD OUT
Friday 6 November 2020
Saturday 7 November 2020 SOLD OUT
Friday 20 November 2020
Saturday 21 November 2020 SOLD OUT
Wakehurst and Kew members: £80.10
Parking and refreshments of tea, coffee and cake are included
Join us to discover the secrets of using hedgerow materials from Wakehurst’s beautiful woodlands to create a stunning willow deer that will add a wonderful sculptural element to your garden.
You will be shown, step by step, how to weave willow, coppiced hazel and other hedgerow materials by workshop leader Martin Brockman.
About the workshop leader
Martin has 30 years’ experience working in environmental arts, creating sculptures and working as a workshop leader and educator. He has created artworks in the UK on beaches, in woodlands, and city centres, as well as galleries. Martin has a BA Hons in Three-Dimensional Design Ceramics and a PGCE in Art and Design.
- Please note, lunch is not provided. You may enjoy a packed lunch in our gardens, or buy food from one of our cafés or restaurant.
- Attendees will take home a large willow deer on the day, so do consider transportation.
- The workshops will be undercover but outside so please dress for the weather.
COVID-19 (coronavirus) notice
You can book with confidence for our many Wakehurst workshops. Come along knowing that the safety and wellbeing of our visitors is of the upmost importance to us. We are continually monitoring and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic situation as it evolves.
Current plans in place for the comfort and reassurance of our visitors include:
- Limited capacity to ensure social distancing
- No shared equipment where possible
- Additional cleaning of the venue
- Sanitising stations are available
We will continue to review the situation and communicate any further updates with you.
If you are unable to attend because of government restrictions in place due to coronavirus, please contact the customer service desk at firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest opportunity to discuss further.