Mother's Day lunch at Wakehurst
CANCELLED Treat your mum to a delicious Sunday roast at Wakehurst's historic Mansion.
Date and time
Sunday 22 March 2020
In light of the current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we are sorry to inform you that this event has been cancelled. For more information, please see our Tickets and prices page.
Spoil your mum this Mother's Day with a delicious Sunday lunch in our 16th century Elizabethan Mansion.
Make the most of your visit with a stroll around the Mansion Pond with its beautiful spring border and resident wildlife.
See our magnolia collection and colourful crocus in bloom as you head towards the Water Gardens.
The Walled Garden will also be bursting into life and is only a short walk from the Mansion.
For a longer walk, head out into our woodlands or the Loder Valley Nature Reserve before sitting down to enjoy your two or three-course meal.
Mum will receive a complimentary glass of prosecco on arrival
- Roasted horseradish marinated salmon with baby beet salad, with a horseradish crème fraiche
- Chicken and mushroom terrine, spiced fruit chutney, sour dough toast
- Roasted beetroot, red onion and water cress salad with peppered goats cheese mousse
- Traditional roast topside of beef, stuffing, Yorkshire pudding and roasted seasonal vegetables
- Pan fried chicken supreme, butternut squash puree, charred leeks, thyme fondant potato
- Baked salmon with lemon & dill, crushed potatoes and sautéed samphire
- Sweet potato, leek and feta cheese Wellington, roasted root vegetable gravy (V)
- Salted caramel and milk chocolate cheesecake
- Apple and pear crumble with crème anglaise
- Caramelised passion fruit and lime tart, almond cream, orange coulis
- Filtered coffee and a selection of herbal and regular teas available with your dessert
- Traditional British cheese boards available for an additional £6.50 per person
There will be vegetarian and vegan options available.