We're right in the heart of Sussex, accessible in a range of ways.
Getting here during COVID-19
In line with national guidance, please remember to limit your party to the rule of six or to two households only.
Don’t forget to check gov.uk/coronavirus for the latest guidance on travel.
You must book a time slot in advance, otherwise unfortunately you won’t be allowed to visit.
Where to find us
Ardingly, Haywards Heath, Sussex, RH17 6TN
Our car park is open. Charges apply to National Trust members as a contribution to RBG Kew’s science, conservation and horticultural work at Wakehurst.
We are on the B2028, south of Turners Hill and north of Ardingly.
- From London, take the M25 then M23, leave at Junction 10, turn left onto the A264
- On the A264 go straight over first two roundabouts, turn right at next roundabout, onto the B2028
- Wakehurst is on the right after Turners Hill
On approaching Wakehurst please follow signage rather than relying on your Sat Nav, as it will bring you to the North Drive entrance which is the wrong one.
Parking is free for:
- Garden entry ticket holders
- Kew and Wakehurst members
- Coaches if 50% or more of the party are buying tickets, otherwise the charge is £50
Parking charges apply to National Trust members:
Up to 30 minutes: Free
Up to 1.5 hours: £3.50
Up to 2.5 hours: £6.00
- Over 2.5 hours: £10.00
Where to park
- Spaces for Blue Badge holders are next to the Visitor Centre
- Coach parking is available in the main car park
Wakehurst is run by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. It does not receive any money from the National Trust for its visitors.
Kew receives just under half of its funding from Government through the Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) and research councils. Further funding to support Kew’s vital work comes from donors, membership and commercial activity including ticket sales and car parking.
Route 272 stops outside Wakehurst, serving Crawley, Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill (Monday to Saturday only).
Haywards Heath (6 miles away) is our closest station. When you exit the station turn right for the Perrymount Road bus stop.