Hop on your bike for an evening at Kew.
Date & Time
Friday 21 May 5.30pm – 9pm (last entry 8pm)
Wednesday 2 June 5.30pm – 9pm (last entry 8pm)
Thursday 10 June 6pm – 9.15pm (last entry 8.30pm)
Wednesday 16 June 6pm – 9.30pm (last entry 8.30pm)
Tuesday 10 August 5pm – 8.30pm (last entry 7.30pm)
Wednesday 11 August 5pm – 8.30pm (last entry 7.30pm)
Cyclists entry via Elizabeth Gate
Car park entry via Brentford Gate
£18 Adult member
£9 Child member
£5 Car park add-on
Join us to celebrate summer with a magical evening bike ride.
As bicycles are not usually allowed in the Gardens, this is a unique opportunity for you to explore Kew’s most beautiful spots with friends and family.
Take in the enchanted woodlands and beautiful blooms; stop for a picnic or summer drink and listen to live music; smell the aroma of the Rose Garden as the sun begins to set.
Make an evening of it with your own picnic, or dine at one of our pop-up food spots on route.
Our botanic gardens come alive when you're on two wheels.
- You must bring your own bicycle – entry will not be allowed for anyone without a bike (including children)
- This is not a race in any format, it is an event for leisure and a strict speed limit (no faster than a jogging pace) must be adhered to for the comfort and enjoyment of everyone
- Standard bikes and accessibility bikes only – no balance bikes or scooters. Electric bikes are welcome provided they keep to speed.
- All children over four on bikes must be able to ride independently without aid from an adult
- No adult may accompany more than four children. This adult is fully responsible for these children for the duration of the event.
- Adults wishing to bring along children under four years may do so providing they are secured in a BS standard child seat or trailer
- Please stick to the designated paths and do not cycle on the grass
- All riders must ensure that their bicycles are in a roadworthy condition, the organiser’s decision shall be final as to whether a bicycle is of an appropriate type or condition to be used
- Cycling is a physical activity and can be strenuous. Riders should be in good health and any rider who has a doubt about their health or fitness, or who has a medical condition or injury that could be affected by exercise (particularly a heart condition or pregnancy), should consult their doctor before participating.
- No-one should participate in a ride under the influence of alcohol or drugs (complying with the Road Traffic Act 1988)
- Please note that no glasshouses will be open during the event
- Pets are not allowed in the Gardens
- Read our terms and conditions
Read our general coronavirus guidance page for what changes have been made at Kew.
We ask that everyone maintains 2m social distancing outside of their household or bubble.
There will be hand sanitiser stations along the route, as well as regularly cleaned toilets.