Hop on your bike for an evening at Kew.
29 May 2020
12 June 2020
19 June 2020
£18 Adult member
£9 Child member
£5 Car park add on
Join us to celebrate summer with a magical evening bike ride.
This is a unique opportunity for you to bring your bike and explore Kew’s most beautiful spots.
Our Botanic Gardens come alive on two wheels. Bicycles aren’t usually allowed in the Gardens, so this is a chance to see Kew from a new perspective and leisurely explore the Gardens with friends and family.
Take in the enchanted woodlands and beautiful blooms; stop for a picnic or summer drink and listen to live music; smell the aroma of the Rose Garden as the sun begins to set.
- You must bring your own bicycle – entry will not be allowed for anyone without a bike (including children)
- This is not a race in any format, it is an event for leisure and strict speed limit (no faster than a jogging pace) must be adhered to for the comfort and enjoyment of everyone
- Standard bikes and accessibility bikes only – no balance bikes or scooters
- All children over 4 on bikes must be able to able to ride independently without aid from an adult
- No adult may accompany more than four children. This adult is fully responsible for these children for the duration of the event
- Adults wishing to bring along children under 4 years may do so providing they are secured in a BS standard child seat or trailer
- Please stick to the designated paths and do not cycle on the grass
- All riders must ensure that their cycles are in a roadworthy condition, the organiser’s decision shall be final as to whether a cycle is of an appropriate type or condition to be used
- Cycling is a physical activity and can be strenuous. Riders should be in good health and any rider who has a doubt about their health or fitness, or who has a medical condition or injury that could be affected by exercise (particularly a heart condition or pregnancy), should consult their doctor before participating
- No-one should participate in a ride under the influence of alcohol or drugs (complying with the Road Traffic Act 1988)
- Please note that no glasshouses will be open during the event