Early opening for Kew members
Exclusive for Kew members: Enjoy the quiet beauty of Kew in the early morning.
Between 1 May and 30 September, Kew members enjoy early entry to the Gardens.
Members and their free family guests have exclusive access from 8am via Victoria Gate, where the Victoria Plaza Café will be open for hot drinks and a range of breakfast snacks.
Early entry offers members the chance to rest or revive while the grounds are less busy and to experience the unique beauty of Kew in the light of the morning. It’s the perfect way to start a summer’s day.
Planning on visiting the Children’s Garden?
On Saturdays and Sundays in August, the Children’s Garden will also open early for members accompanied by children.
The Children’s Garden will be open between 8.30am and 9.30am for first come, first served early-morning play sessions.
- Early entry is for members only
- Members will need to bring along their membership cards in order to enter
- Entry is through Victoria Gate only
- While Victoria Plaza Café opens at 8am between 1 May and 30 September, all other catering facilities, glasshouses, structures, and the Children's Garden open at 10am
- While Victoria Plaza Café opens at 8am between 1 May and 30 September, all other catering facilities, glasshouses, structures open at 10am. The Children’s Garden is an exception to this during weekends in August. More information about early-morning Children’s Garden play sessions.
- Richmond RUNFEST takes place early morning on 14 and 15 September. There will be limited access to some areas of the Gardens and extra safety precautions for the safety of visitors and race participants
- Purchase of day tickets (and entrance for online ticket holders) is available from 10am onwards
Not a Kew member?
Early entry in the summer is just one of a range of exclusive benefits, plus by becoming a member you support our vital science and conservation work.