Wakehurst car parking
First 30 minutes of parking free
Cars: £2 for the first hour, £5 for two hours, £10 per day. These charges were introduced in April 2014.
Please note: free car parking applies to those who purchase a day ticket to enter Wakehurst, to Wakehurst Season Ticket holders and to Friends of Kew. Minibuses and coaches bringing school children on formal educational visits also park for free.
Who has to pay?
- National Trust members retain their free entry to Wakehurst Place but are required to pay for parking.
- Parking charges also apply to Blue Badge (disabled) cardholders who enter Wakehurst Place free with National Trust membership.
Become a Wakehurst Season Ticket holder and benefit from free parking
Wakehurst Season Ticket holders provide much-needed, direct revenue to Kew and Wakehurst. A Wakehurst Season Ticket costs £25 by direct debit (£30 by cash or credit card) and is valid for one year - which works out as less than 50p a week. A season ticket provides:
- free entry to the gardens and Millennium Seed Bank all year round
- free car parking
- one free ticket to Kew Gardens (worth £15)
- two free, exclusive open evenings
- 10% off purchases in the Visitor Centre Shop and Plant centre (some exclusions apply)
If you would like to become a Season Ticket holder, you can start benefitting immediately by joining at the Wakehurst Visitor Centre.
Your questions answered
We answer your questions about the introduction of parking charges.