Guidance for Supporting Organisations
Learn about the role and responsibilities of a supporting organisation within the Young Environmental Leader Award.
What is a supporting organisation?
All individuals and groups completing the Young Environmental Leader Award require a supporting organisation to assist them through the completion of the award. Supporting organisations play an important role in guiding young people through their project.
Organisations can support more than one young person. Kew recognises that the level of help young people will need to deliver their project will vary according to their age, abilities and needs.
Who is eligible to be a supporting organisation?
As a supporting organisation, you must be:
- An established and relevant organisation that is charitable in purpose or not for profit. In particular a:
- Voluntary, youth or community group
- Arts charity
- Local authority or other council body
- Health authority
- Able to provide a member of staff or volunteer to:
- support the young person as required with advice and guidance, access to facilities and equipment, publicity of activities, etc.
Get in touch about the Young Environmental Leader Award.
Young Environmental Leader Award Resources
All of the resources you need to complete the Young Environmental Leader Award.
About the Young Environmental Leader Award
Become an environmental leader and drive positive change for the natural world through taking action and raising awareness of environmental issues in your community.