Dog walks at Wakehurst
Exciting new dog-friendly walks, trialled at Wakehurst this September.
We are excited to welcome your four-legged friends to Wakehurst.
We’re trialling our first ever dog-friendly walks across our 500-acre wild botanic garden, giving more of the family a chance to explore the Sussex grounds on selected Mondays in September.
Take your furry friend on specially curated dog-walking routes that takes in our sights, sounds and smells.
You’ll get to ramble from the Temperate Woodlands all the way to Westwood Lake before taking in picture-perfect views across the Loder Valley. You and your dog can sit outside the Seed Café to enjoy a range of tasty treats.
Grab a dog-walking map at our entrance so you’re prepped for the best places to get water, dog treats and waste bins.
Puppies are definitely welcome.
Some important information
- We are only able to accommodate up to two dogs per adult
- Dogs must always be accompanied by their owner and remain on short leads
- To protect our plant collections and wildlife, please walk your dog on the designated routes, and ensure they do not walk on planting beds or borders
- Dogs are not permitted to enter the outdoor play spaces or any buildings, apart from the Visitor Centre
- Don’t forget to clean up after your dog. Dog waste bins are located along the designated routes
- Dogs are the responsibility of their owners and their behaviour must be kept under control
- Wakehurst reserves the right to refuse entry or remove any dog thought to be a danger to our team, visitors or grounds and wildlife
- Assistance dogs are welcome throughout the year and are not affected by the restrictions for this trial. Read more about accessibility.