Dawn chorus walk
Join our walk through the gardens to enjoy the beautiful sound of morning birdsong.
Get up bright and early to enjoy the most beautiful sound of the season.
Our gardens are the perfect place to listen to birdsong first thing in the morning.
So join local ecologist and naturalist Tom Forward for a walk around Wakehurst and tune your ears into the 'love' songs and calls of woodland and garden birds.
As you stroll, see if you can spot the feathery singers.
Birdsong reaches its crescendo at this time of year so bird lovers won't want to miss out. The dawn chorus is the best free concert there is.
Enjoy a tasty breakfast to-go during your walk, including fruit, orange juice, yoghurt, croissant with butter and jam, and tea or coffee.
- Please wrap up warm and ensure you are wearing good footwear
- You’ll need a moderate level of fitness and to be able to cope with walking on uneven ground
- Breakfast to-go is included. Please email us in advance with any dietary requirements at email@example.com
COVID-19 (coronavirus) notice
You can book with confidence for our many Wakehurst workshops. Come along knowing that the safety and wellbeing of our visitors is of the upmost importance to us. We are continually monitoring and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic situation as it evolves.
Current plans in place for the comfort and reassurance of our visitors include:
- Limited capacity to ensure social distancing
- No shared equipment where possible
- Additional cleaning of the venue
- Sanitising stations are available
We will continue to review the situation and communicate any further updates with you.
If you are unable to attend because of government restrictions in place due to coronavirus, please contact the customer service desk at firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest opportunity to discuss further.