Discover the secret world of bats at Wakehurst after hours with our resident wildlife experts.
Monday 24 August 2020
Wednesday 26 August 2020
Monday 31 August 2020
Monday 7 September 2020
Includes day entry to the gardens and car parking
Suitable for ages 10+
Explore Wakehurst after hours with our resident wildlife experts to discover the fascinating world of bats.
This evening walk and talk will start with our experienced Wakehurst Rangers, Steve Cook and Kari Winter, speaking about the different bat species that live in the gardens, their behaviours, habitat requirements and what Wakehurst has to offer them.
You will also learn about other animal species, birds and insects that call Wakehurst home.
- The walk will be approximately 4km on a reasonable surface but is up a steep hill all the way back. Please wear sturdy shoes/walking boots and bring a torch
- Please be aware that wildlife is unpredictable and we cannot guarantee that you’ll see bats during the evening
- Unfortunately, we are not able to offer refunds should you not see any bats
COVID-19 (coronavirus) notice
You can book with confidence for our many Wakehurst workshops. Come along knowing that the safety and wellbeing of our visitors is of the upmost importance to us. We are continually monitoring and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic situation as it evolves.
Current plans in place for the comfort and reassurance of our visitors include:
- Limited capacity to ensure social distancing
- No shared equipment where possible
- Additional cleaning of the venue
- Sanitising stations are available
We will continue to review the situation and communicate any further updates with you.
If you are unable to attend because of government restrictions in place due to coronavirus, please contact the customer service desk at email@example.com at the earliest opportunity to discuss further.