Bat roost count
Get involved in a fascinating after-hours bat roost count in our wild landscape.
Join our resident wildlife experts after hours on this fascinating evening bat roost count.
You'll get to use handheld counters and bat detectors, and contribute data to ongoing surveys.
During the evening, you'll also hear our experienced Wakehurst Rangers, Steve Cook and Kari Winter, talk about the different bat species that live in the gardens, their behaviours, habitat requirements and what Wakehurst has to offer them.
- We will go ahead with the evening rain or shine so suitable warm and weatherproof clothing is essential
- In the event of extreme weather conditions being forecast we will cancel the evening, advise you by email and provide a full refund
- This will be an outdoor static event situated adjacent to a known bat roost a short walk from the car park. Please bring your own folding chairs as we are unable to provide them
- Please be aware that wildlife is unpredictable and we cannot guarantee that you’ll see bats during the evening. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer refunds should you not see any bats
- To avoid disturbing the wildlife no flash photography is allowed whatsoever
- Please park in the Staff Car Park as shown on the map, where Steve and Kari will meet you
- You will have a chance to use the toilet facilities available at Wakehurst at the beginning and end of the evening
If you have queries about any aspect of the evening, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 (coronavirus) notice
You can book with confidence for our many Wakehurst workshops. Come along knowing that the safety and wellbeing of our visitors is of the upmost importance to us. We are continually monitoring and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic situation as it evolves.
Current plans in place for the comfort and reassurance of our visitors include:
- Limited capacity to ensure social distancing
- No shared equipment where possible
- Additional cleaning of the venue
- Sanitising stations are available
We will continue to review the situation and communicate any further updates with you.
If you are unable to attend because of government restrictions in place due to coronavirus, please contact the customer service desk at email@example.com at the earliest opportunity to discuss further.