Badger watching evening
Enjoy this rare chance to watch badgers in their natural habitat in our beautiful Loder Valley Nature Reserve.
Every Tuesday, April to September:
6, 13, 20, 27 April 2021
4, 11, 18, 25 May 2021
1, 8, 15, 22 June 2021
6, 13, 20, 27 July 2021
3, 10, 17, 24, 31 August 2021
7 September 2021
5.30pm - 9.30pm
Loder Valley Nature Reserve
Meet at the Gardeners Arms pub, Ardingly, West Sussex
Join us for an evening of badger watching in the stunning Wakehurst landscape.
You'll get to enjoy a rare glimpse of these nocturnal creatures in their natural habitat.
Our experienced Loder Valley Nature Reserve Warden, Steven Robinson, will lead the way through the beautiful woodland valley.
Watch these amazing animals as they forage, eat and play, almost within touching distance.
Learn about their behaviour, how they live in underground setts and about the other wildlife that makes its home here.
Experience a whole new world coming to life after dark.
- Whilst we make every effort to ensure that your visit is a success, we cannot guarantee that you will see a badger. The chances are you will, and our warden will do everything he can to enable this to happen. But wild animals are unpredictable
- Unfortunately, we are not able to offer refunds should you not see badgers
- In case of allergies, please take note that peanuts are fed to the badgers
What to wear
- Please ensure that everyone in your group wears appropriate clothing and footwear and is made aware of the difficult terrain. Badgers have a very strong sense of smell so please avoid wearing perfume etc.
- To avoid undue disturbance to badgers and fellow badger watchers, photography with any form of camera is not permitted
Items to bring
- Bringing a drink of water is suggested
- Due to the sensitive smell and acute hearing of the badgers, please refrain from bringing food
- Whilst an excellent view of the badgers can be obtained with the naked eye, a pair of binoculars can help to observe tiny details
Public transport to the meeting point at The Gardeners Arms pub
- Public transport to this rural location will not be available for the times of badger watching
- Haywards Heath Railway Station is our nearest mainline link to London (approximately 45 mins to Victoria) and from there a taxi can be obtained costing approximately £15 each way. Your return taxi can be arranged by telephoning from The Gardeners Arms pub