Badger watching evening
Enjoy this rare chance to watch badgers in their natural habitat in our beautiful Loder Valley Nature Reserve. SOLD OUT
3, 10, 17, 24 & 31 May 2022 SOLD OUT
7, 14, 21 & 28 June 2022 SOLD OUT
5, 12, 19 & 26 July 2022 SOLD OUT
2, 9, 16 & 23 August 2022 SOLD OUT
30 August 2022 SOLD OUT
6 September 2022 SOLD OUT
April & September start at 7pm
May, June, July & August start at 7.15pm
Loder Valley Nature Reserve, Wakehurst
General admission: £18
Wakehurst or Kew members: £16
Join us for an evening of badger watching in the stunning Wakehurst landscape.
You'll get to enjoy a rare glimpse of these nocturnal creatures in their natural habitat.
Our experienced Loder Valley Nature Reserve Warden, Steven Robinson, will lead the way through the beautiful woodland valley.
Watch these amazing animals as they forage, eat and play, almost within touching distance.
Learn about their behaviour, how they live in underground setts and about the other wildlife that makes its home here.
Experience a whole new world coming to life after dark.
Know somebody who would love this workshop? Gift them a place by making a booking, then email firstname.lastname@example.org with your reference number, to receive a gift certificate.
- Whilst we make every effort to ensure that your visit is a success, we cannot guarantee that you will see a badger. The chances are you will, and our warden will do everything he can to enable this to happen. But wild animals are unpredictable
- Unfortunately, we are not able to offer refunds should you not see badgers
- In case of allergies, please take note that peanuts are fed to the badgers
What to wear
- Please ensure that everyone in your group wears appropriate clothing and footwear and is made aware of the difficult terrain. Badgers have a very strong sense of smell so please avoid wearing perfume etc.
- To avoid undue disturbance to badgers and fellow badger watchers, photography with any form of camera is not permitted
Items to bring
- Bringing a drink of water is suggested
- Due to the sensitive smell and acute hearing of the badgers, please refrain from bringing food
- Whilst an excellent view of the badgers can be obtained with the naked eye, a pair of binoculars can help to observe tiny details
COVID-19 (coronavirus) notice
You can book with confidence for our many Wakehurst workshops. Come along knowing that the safety and wellbeing of our visitors is of the upmost importance to us. We are continually monitoring and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic situation as it evolves.
Current plans in place for the comfort and reassurance of our visitors include:
- Limited capacity to ensure social distancing
- No shared equipment where possible
- Additional cleaning of the venue
- Sanitising stations are available
We will continue to review the situation and communicate any further updates with you.
If you are unable to attend because of government restrictions in place due to coronavirus, please contact the customer service desk at email@example.com at the earliest opportunity to discuss further.