Dos & don'ts
Help us to look after Wakehurst and protect our plants for years to come by following these simple rules.
Help us keep you safe
- You should not enter the gardens if you think you have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please be considerate of other people's space, including both visitors and staff.
- We encourage you to wear a face covering when indoors unless you are exempt. This helps to protect yourself and others.
- Regularly wash your hands and avoid touching your face. Check the NHS guidelines for more.
- Come prepared with your own hand sanitiser, tissues, and contactless methods to pay.
- Any children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Only registered disability assistance dogs are allowed in the gardens and must be on a lead - please leave your pets at home
- Help protect our plants and trees so everyone can enjoy them - climbing, picking or pruning is not allowed
- Please avoid squashing our precious plants by not walking over planted areas in the gardens
- Bicycles, tricycles, roller skates, skateboards, micro-scooters, balance bikes and other vehicles (except powered wheelchairs) must be left at the gates
- Leave the flying to the birds - drones and other remotely controlled aircraft are not allowed
- Enjoy the peace and tranquillity of Wakehurst - please don't bring radios, music players and musical instruments into the gardens
- Wakehurst is the perfect place for picnics – but please don’t picnic on the two grass lawns directly in front of the mansion and please don't bring barbecues or picnic furniture
- To protect our lawns, ball games and sports (including jogging) are not allowed in the gardens