Dos & Don'ts
Help us to look after Wakehurst and protect our plants for years to come by following these simple rules.
- Any children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Only registered disability assistance dogs are allowed in the gardens and must be on a lead - please leave your pets at home. On select dates in September, we'll be welcoming dogs on a short lead during our dog walking trial.
- Help protect our plants and trees so everyone can enjoy them - climbing, picking or pruning is not allowed.
- Please avoid squashing our precious plants by not walking over planted areas in the gardens.
- Bicycles, tricycles, roller skates, skateboards, micro-scooters, balance bikes and other vehicles (except powered wheelchairs) must be left at the gates.
- Leave the flying to the birds - drones and other remotely controlled aircraft are not allowed.
- Enjoy the peace and tranquillity of Wakehurst - please don't bring radios, music players and musical instruments into the gardens.
- Wakehurst is the perfect place for picnics – but please don’t picnic on the two grass lawns immediately directly in front of the mansion. Please don't bring barbecues or picnic furniture.
- To protect our lawns, ball games and sports (including jogging) are not allowed in the gardens.