Dos & don'ts
Help us to look after Wakehurst and protect our plants for years to come by following these simple rules.
- Any children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- As of 27 February 2023, visitors are welcome to walk their dogs at Wakehurst. Dogs must be on a short lead and kept to the designated dog-friendly route. Read more about bringing your dog to Wakehurst. Disability assistance dogs are welcome everywhere in the gardens on a short lead.
- Help protect our plants and trees so everyone can enjoy them - climbing, picking or pruning is not allowed
- Please avoid squashing our precious plants by not walking over planted areas in the gardens
- Bicycles, tricycles, roller skates, skateboards, micro-scooters, balance bikes and other vehicles (except powered wheelchairs) must be left at the gates
- Leave the flying to the birds - drones and other remotely controlled aircraft are not allowed
- Enjoy the peace and tranquillity of Wakehurst - please don't bring radios, music players and musical instruments into the gardens
- Wakehurst is the perfect place for picnics – but please don’t picnic on the two grass lawns directly in front of the mansion and please don't bring barbecues or picnic furniture
- To protect our lawns, ball games and sports (including jogging) are not allowed in the gardens