Kew Diploma in Horticulture at Kew > Training and courses > Horticultural training > Kew Modular Courses in Horticulture

Kew Modular Courses in Horticulture

A new course for horticulturists who want to do their professional training in short modules.

Modular course information

Kew modular courses are fee-paid programmes. Perfect for horticulturists wishing to undertake professional training in some of Kew’s unique plant collections. Available in three month blocks, open to horticulturists anywhere in the world* who would like to come to Kew to undertake some continued professional development (CPD).

Each of the modules is available at a specific time of the year, when practical activities are at their most extensive.

The individual modules are:

Kew Modular Certificate in glasshouse display practices - Palm House

Kew Modular Certificate in glasshouse display practices - Princess of Wales Conservatory

Kew Modular Certificate in Tender/Tropical Nursery Practices

Conditions for entry

Please read and understand the following conditions carefully.  Any offer is on the understanding that the applicant accepts the following conditions:

(a) RBG Kew reserves the right to vary the programme if circumstances arise which make this necessary.

(b) RBG Kew reserves the right to terminate the Kew Modular Certificate at any time should there be any misconduct or inability to carry out tasks

(c) The Modular Certificates are primarily practical in nature - no formal lectures take place.

(d) Uniform and PPE will be provided on starting the module (this should be returned at the end on the module). We encourage successful applicants to wear the uniform of their organisation, if appropriate.

(e) Applicants should be able to speak and write fluently in English.

(f) Fees are required to be paid prior to the commencement of the module. Fees are non-refundable once the module starts.



Candidates must have at least 6 months of practical experience in a professional horticultural environment and be able to communicate in both written and spoken English.

In order to attend these courses at Kew, students from outside the European Economic Area will need to apply for a visa from the UK Border Agency to enter the UK. To assess your visa and UK entry requirements please follow the link to the UK Home Office web pages at


There is no accommodation available, successful applicants will be required to find their own accommodation. The following websites may be of help:

Tetanus risk

If you think that you may not currently be protected, you are advised to seek preventative treatment from your own doctor. We recommend you get this arranged prior to starting on one of the Kew Modular Certificates.