I have 19 years collections management experience in the Kew Herbarium and I am now responsible for managing Kew’s Fungarium collections on a day-to-day basis.
My role includes:
- Assessing and logging loan and image applications and deciding on appropriate action or response.
- Monitoring mycological loans to and from Kew and co-ordinating loan extension requests.
- Implementing Kew's policy on access to genetic resources. Ensuring compliance with Convention on Biological Diversity legislation governing the acquisition and supply of Fungarium material.
- Ensuring accessibility to the collections. This is done by sending specimens out on loan and supporting visitors and researchers.
- Monitoring and controlling Fungarium pests.