Community Open Week
Join us for an exciting week of hands-on activities from 21 to 27 October 2019.
We are excited to open our gates to community groups to discover the cutting-edge science and expert horticulture at Kew Gardens.
You’ll have the opportunity to take part in a fantastic range of activities that will provide a great insight into what Kew is all about, from science to art.
No experience is required for any of the activities, we'll provide materials, and all ages and levels of ability are welcome.
The open week is available to groups who are new to the Gardens, as well as existing Community Membership Scheme groups.
Take a look at the Community Open Week programme to see what’s available and book your place.
Booking your place
- You need to book your place in advance
- Places are limited and booked on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to get here
On the day
- Please enter at Victoria Gate - use our map to help you find it. Don't queue at the ticket booths - enter the Gardens through the members’ entrance (to the right of the ticket booths)
- Please register with a host at the members entrance. Look out for the information point under the Community Open Week flag, where you'll be given a programme and map
- Please bring a printed copy of your booking confirmation letter
- Community groups booking any activity are also welcome to enter the Gardens free of charge during the week to explore the Gardens and enjoy our half-term event Autumn Antics