Community Access Scheme
Our team is operating with a skeleton staff so we may take a little longer than usual to respond to your application.
The Gardens are open and visitors are welcome. Community Access Scheme members are able to use their membership but they must pre-book a time slot through the Kew website. There are a limited number of tickets available for each time slot.
You will still need to show your CAS 2020 – 2021 membership confirmation email at the Visitor Gate, as well as your time slot ticket. You will not be able to visit the Gardens without these. You can find more information, including how to book here.
About the scheme
The Community Access Scheme is a group annual membership for organisations that provide services directly to people who face physical, sensory, psychological, or social barriers to visiting Kew independently.
The scheme is for your service users and their accompanying carers or support workers.
Levels of membership
- Up to 60* free admissions per membership period for £36 (including VAT)
- Up to 120 free admissions per membership period for £72 (including VAT)
*You can top up from 60 to 120 visits during the membership period if you find you’d like more. 120 is the maximum number of visits you can use in one membership period.
The membership period runs from 1 April 2020 to 31 October 2021.
Please allow at least 28 days for your application to be processed in advance of any planned visits.
The visit quota can be used at any time within the membership period and therefore the membership fee does not reduce if you join later in the membership period.
Who is eligible?
Organisations that support people who face barriers to visiting the Gardens independently e.g.:
- older people
- people with learning or physical disabilities
- people experiencing mental health issues
- people living with dementia
- excluded, vulnerable or isolated members of society
Your organisation must also be one of the following:
- a registered charity or
- a community interest company (CIC) or
- a community benefit society or
- an organisation that provides services directly to people who face physical, sensory, psychological or social barriers to visiting Kew Gardens.
And your organisation must be based within the M25.
For full terms and conditions including usage and exclusions (link opens in a new tab)