SEND Family Sensory Tours
Join our interactive storytelling tour exploring plants and nature at Kew.
Dates and times
Friday 14 April 2023 10:30am - 11:15am
Saturday 22 April 2023 10:30am - 11:15am
Sunday 23 April 2023 1pm - 1:45pm
Saturday 29 April 10:30am - 11:15am
Meet our sensory tour guide at Victoria Gate, Kew Gardens (grid reference J9 on our RBG Kew map)
Family Sensory Tours are FREE and include access to the Gardens.
Be immersed in plants and nature during our interactive storytelling family sensory tour with a seasonal focus in our Mediterranean Garden.
Our tours are designed for children age 0 to 7 years with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) or children and young people with severe, profound and complex learning difficulties.
Tours are led by trained volunteer guides and accompanied by supplementary resources to support sensory engagement.
For more information and to book one of our SEND Family Sensory Tours tailored to your group, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The tours last approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour and are designed for up to 10 people, with no more than 4 children with SEND. Siblings are welcome but must be included within these numbers.
- Each child with SEND must be accompanied by one parent or carer.
- Tickets are free and booking is essential as places are limited. Please only use this booking form to book places for children with SEND.
- In order to have an enjoyable experience and to keep numbers low we ask that you email email@example.com to request extra tickets for siblings.
- Please allow enough time to walk to Victoria Gate (roughly 15 minutes from Lion and Elizabeth Gate, and 20 minutes from Brentford Gate). More information about getting to Kew
- Find out more about accessibility at Kew Gardens
- The tours will take place outdoors, whatever the weather, so please dress accordingly.
- If you have any other queries before booking a tour, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.