Kew Explorer land train
Enjoy a guided tour around the Gardens on the Kew Explorer land train and learn about Kew's flora and fauna, historic buildings and vital conservation work.
Date and time
Daily from 10.30am
Essential carers go free
Buy tickets from the Explorer team at stop 1: Victoria Plaza
This service is running with limited seating capacity. Please wear a face covering unless exempt.
The Kew Explorer land train is a relaxed and gentle way to explore our Gardens and learn about our diverse living collection.
The route typically includes the following sites:
Stop 1*: Victoria Gate for Victoria Plaza shop and café, Palm House, and The Botanical.
Stop 2*: Temperate House for Shirley Sherwood Gallery of Botanical Art, Marianne North Gallery, and the Pavilion Bar & Grill.
Stop 3*: The Great Pagoda for Lion Gate and the Japanese Gateway.
Stop 4*: Natural Area for the Log Trail, Pinetum, and Sackler Crossing.
Stop 5*: Brentford Gate for the Car Park, Rhododendron Dell, and Children’s Garden.
Stop 6*: Orangery for Elizabeth Gate, White Peaks café and shop, and Kew Palace.
Severe weather conditions may disrupt service and from time to time we need to remove services or close a stop due to essential maintenance.
Please note, at peak times this popular service can be full and you may need to hop on the next train.
*We are currently running a non-stop tour only (starting and ending at Victoria Plaza).
- Runs from main departure stop at Victoria Gate Plaza.
- Times vary so check at the gate for the day's schedule.
- You also speak to the Explorer drivers or refer to the Garden signs for on-the-day depature information.
- Full tour of the Gardens takes 40 minutes.
- Space for one manual fixed-wheel wheelchair in the back carriage of each vehicle.
- Limited room for storage of folded up wheelchairs and pushchairs.