Introduction to the Gardens
Explore Kew with an experienced guide to delve into our history, work, and seasonal plant highlights.
The free guided tours will be suspended from Friday 11 to Sunday 14 August inclusive, due to the amber weather warning.
Join this expert guided tour and unearth one of the most diverse collections of living plants in the world.
Discover our science and conservation work, from small scale research to large international projects, and learn about the rich history of Kew which dates back to the early 18th century.
This tour is the perfect opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the Gardens and celebrate our world-class collections, iconic buildings, and outstanding landscapes.
- You can purchase any ticket type at our gates, but you’ll get the best value tickets by booking online.
- We have limited capacity to 15 people per tour (plus the tour guide) to ensure social distancing
- Our guides may wear PPE, have microphones, and practice social distancing
- Read our general coronavirus guidance page to find more changes we have made at Kew
- Tours take approximately 1 hour