Introduction to the Gardens
Explore Kew with an experienced guide to delve into our history, work, and seasonal plant highlights.
Date and time
Weekdays at 11am, Fridays and weekends at 11am and 1.30pm
Tour starts from outside Victoria Plaza near Explorer stop 1.
Please register with the guide 10 minutes before the tour start time.
Join this expert guided tour and unearth one of the most diverse collections of living plants in the world.
Discover our science and conservation work, from small scale research to large international projects, and learn about the rich history of Kew which dates back to the early 18th century.
This tour is the perfect opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the Gardens and celebrate our world-class collections, iconic buildings, and outstanding landscapes.
- Don't forget you'll need to a book a time slot to be allowed into the Gardens
- We have limited capacity to 6 people per tour (plus the tour guide) to ensure social distancing
- Our guides will wear PPE, have microphones, and practice social distancing
- Read our general coronavirus guidance page to find more changes we have made at Kew
- At the moment the tours do not go into the glasshouses
- Tours take approximately 1 hour