The Gruffalo’s Child: Early opening for Kew members
Exclusive for Kew members: Enjoy early entry to the Gardens and and explore the magical world of The Gruffalo.
This October half-term, Kew members can enjoy exclusive early entry to the Gardens and discover the adventures of The Gruffalo's Child.
Join the Gruffalo's Child on an enchanting trail through the deep dark wood and look out for fun surprises as you go.
Along the way you'll meet the Gruffalo's Child, Fox, Owl, Snake, the Gruffalo and the Big Bad Mouse — all your favourite characters from the beautiful story written by Julia Donaldson and illustrated by Axel Scheffler.
Curious explorers of all ages are welcome to join in the fun.
Planning on visiting the Children’s Garden?
The Children’s Garden will also open early for members accompanied by children on Saturdays and Sundays* from 9.15am.
Pre-booking your time slot to the Children's Garden is essential. Capacity is limited so please book early.
*Excluding Sunday 17 October 2021
- Early entry is for members only
- Members do not need to book a time slot to visit the Gardens, simply bring along your membership card to scan on arrival. Please also bring a proof of ID.
- Entry is via Victoria Gate and Brentford Gate only
- While Victoria Plaza Café and a catering trike (located near the Children Garden) will open at 9am between 16 and 31 October 2021, all other facilities, glasshouses and structures, open at 10am
- Read our guidance to visiting during coronavirus
Not a Kew member?
Join today or purchase a gift membership for a loved one to enjoy unlimited visits and a feast of exclusive benefits, all year round.
As a charity, every Kew membership makes a significant contribution to our groundbreaking global work, helping tackle the planet’s most pressing environmental challenges.