Children's Garden quiet sessions
Join us for a quiet session in the Children’s Garden aimed at children aged 2 to 12 years with special educational needs and disabilities.
Dates and times
Wednesday 13 April 2022, 4.15pm to 6.15pm
Sunday 8 May 2022, 8.30am to 10.00
Sunday 19 June 2022, 8.30am to 10.00
Saturday 30 July 2022, 4.15pm to 6.15pm
Wednesday 24 August 2022, 4.15pm to 6.15pm
Children’s Garden, Kew Gardens
Included with entry to the Gardens but sessions must be booked in advance.
Free for CAS and Kew members.
Explore all the things plants need to grow; earth, air, sun and water, and enjoy the sensory elements of our Children's Garden during one of our quiet sessions.
We are closing the Children’s Garden to the public to allow children with special educational needs and disabilities, like Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or sensory processing needs, and their parents or carers to have a more comfortable visit.
During the quiet sessions, we will be permitting fewer people than our usual time slots and ensuring easy access to avoid potentially stressful queues.
You will also be able to share your visit with others who better understand your child’s needs.
What to expect
During the quiet sessions, we will be offering some gentle sensory activities for you to enjoy as a family.
- Sensory storytelling with Makaton, exploring the journey of a dandelion seed in the amphitheatre.
- Exploring the sun, warmth, and growth through a variety of sensory mediums in the sun garden.
- This event is free of charge, but tickets must be booked in advance and entry to the Gardens is not included. Your CAS order number, membership number or day ticket booking reference will be required on booking, and will need to be shown to gates staff on the day of your visit.
- One booking per person/membership only. You can book up to 3 children’s tickets (including siblings) and no more than 3 adults per booking.
- Adults will not be permitted unless accompanied by a child.
- For the out of hours morning events on Sunday 8 May and Sunday 19 June 2022, entry is limited to Brentford Gate and Elizabeth Gate only. Further information on opening and closing times.