Children's Garden quiet sessions
Join us for a quiet session in the Children’s Garden aimed at children aged 2-12 years with special educational needs and disabilities.
Dates and times
Early morning sessions
Sunday 18 April
Sunday 20 June
Sunday 15 August
Sunday 17 October
Entry between 8.30am and 8.45am, session finishes at 10.00am
Wednesday 21 July
Entry at 4.15pm or 5.00pm, session finishes at 6.30pm
Children’s Garden, Kew Gardens
Entry via Brentford Gate or Elizabeth Gate only.
Included with entry to the Gardens but sessions must be booked in advance.
Free for CAS and Kew members.
Bookings for each date will open 4 weeks prior to the session date.
Explore all the things plants need to grow; earth, air, sun and water, and enjoy the sensory elements of our Children's Garden during one of our quiet sessions.
We are closing the Children’s Garden to the public to allow children with special educational needs and disabilities, like Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or sensory processing needs, and their parents or carers to have a more comfortable visit.
During the quiet sessions, we will be permitting fewer people than our usual time slots and ensuring easy access to avoid potentially stressful queues.
You will also be able to share your visit with others who better understand your child’s needs.
- This session is free of charge to CAS group members and Kew members, please quote your membership number on booking. It is included with entry to the Gardens for day ticket holders, please quote your booking reference number.
- All visitors to the Children's Garden, including adults, children, children under 4 and members must have a ticket. Permissions: Up to three child tickets per booking, up to three adults/carers per group, and one booking per person/membership.
- Adults will not be permitted unless accompanied by a child. All supporting staff and volunteers will have an Enhanced DBS.
- Participants will be placed on an easy access guest list to avoid queues.
- Please note that as this is an out of hours event, entry is limited to Brentford Gate and Elizabeth Gate only. Please visit our 'Getting here' page for more information.
- For any other information, to cancel tickets, or to add yourself to the waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org