Botanical art class for knitters: Intermediate
Learn how to create your own botanical artworks with Dee Hardwicke.
Join the artist, designer and knitter Dee Hardwicke for this special botanical art class for knitters.
Sharing some her fine art drawing techniques, Dee will show you how to combine colours, shapes and motifs to create your own botanical artworks of seasonal flowers and foliage.
Dee will then guide you through the process of translating your artworks into beautiful charts for knitting.
Weather permitting, you may go on a short walk into the Gardens to admire some of Kew’s world-renowned plants, their vibrant colours and perfect proportions.
There’s endless inspiration to be found in the glorious surroundings of Kew so you’re bound to leave this unique workshop brimming with ideas for your very own botanical knits.
This course is suitable for intermediate knitters — drawing skills aren't required.
- A notepad and pencil for taking notes
- A pair of 3.75mm knitting needles
- A set of at least 12 Conté à Paris crayons (hard pastels) or similar hard, coloured pastels
- An A4 or similar size pad of paper suitable for pastels
- An eraser
- A pencil, ideally B or HB
- Embroidery scissors if you’d like to bring your own, although scissors will be available
- An apron or old shirt to protect your clothes as pastels can get a bit messy