We're always working to improve our UNESCO world heritage site, so occasionally we have to close some features. Please check before your visit to avoid disappointment.
Our Gardens are open for you to explore.
You must book a time slot in advance, unless you are a Kew member.
Please do not visit the Gardens if you think you have COVID-19 symptoms or are self-isolating.
We appreciate face coverings are no longer required by law, but please wear a face covering when indoors unless you are seated for eating or exempt. This helps to protect yourself and others.
All of our restaurants are open with indoor and/or outdoor seating available, including Victoria Gate Café, the Orangery, The Botanical and Pavilion. White Peaks is open for takeaway only.
Please note: A one-way system may be in place in some of our attractions. Please maintain social distancing whilst indoors in our glasshouses, shops and cafes, to protect yourself and others.
Don’t forget to check gov.uk/coronavirus for the latest guidance on travel.
- The Gardens will close early at 4pm (last entry 3pm) on 10 and 11 August. The galleries, shops, restaurants and glasshouses will start to close from last entry on these days.
- The male and female toilets at Brentford Gate will be closed for essential maintenance from Thursday 8 July 2021 but the accessible toilet will remain open.
- The Orangery will close early at 3.30pm on Saturday 31 July and Wednesday 4 August 2021.
- The Princess of Wales Conservatory will close early at 5.30pm on Saturday 31 July 2021.
- The Marianne North Gallery is currently closed Monday - Wednesday. The gallery is open Thursday - Sunday (10am - 5.30pm).
- Queen Charlotte’s Cottage is closed.
- The lift to the Treetop Walkway is currently out of service.
- The Badger Sett in the Natural Area is closed.
- Parking is prohibited on Kew Road and limited around the area. Consider walking or cycling to us if you are able to.
- The limited number of lockers at Victoria Gate are currently closed.
- Kew Palace toilets are currently closed for refurbishment. The closest facilities are at the Orangery.