We're always working to improve our UNESCO world heritage site. Occasionally we have to close features in the Gardens. Please check before you visit to avoid disappointment.
Early closing and short-term closures
- 3 October: Princess of Wales Conservatory will close early at 4pm
- 9 October: The Shirley Sherwood and Marianne North Galleries will close early at 4pm
- 10 October: Princess of Wales Conservatory will close early at 4pm
- 12 October: The Children's Garden will be closed from 9am to 1pm due to a private event
- 30 September 2019 – 3 April 2020: Kew Palace, Royal Kitchens and Queen Charlotte's Cottage will be closed for winter.
- The Treetop Walkway lift is out of action
- During adverse weather conditions we may need to close the upper level of The Hive