We're always working to improve our UNESCO world heritage site. Occasionally we have to close features in the Gardens. Please check before you visit to avoid disappointment.
Early closing and short-term closures
- Kew Explorer land train is currently not running
- 28 October – 15 November: The Shirley Sherwood Gallery will be closed due to exhibition changeover. Marianne North Gallery will be open Monday to Friday only
- 29 October – 11 November: Treetop Walkway will be closed. From 12 November it will be partially open
- Until 3 April 2020: Kew Palace, Royal Kitchens and Queen Charlotte's Cottage and the Great Pagoda will be closed for winter
- The Treetop Walkway lift is out of action
- The Food Village has now permanently closed. Head to one of our other cafés or restaurants at Kew Gardens.
- During adverse weather conditions we may need to close the upper level of The Hive