We're always working to improve our UNESCO world heritage site, so occasionally we have to close some features. Please check before your visit to avoid disappointment.
Our Gardens are open for those who are well enough to appreciate fresh air and exercise in nature during these difficult times.
You must book a time slot in advance otherwise, unfortunately, you won’t be allowed to visit (even if you’re a member).
From 19 December specific buildings and structures will be closed in line with government guidance during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Please do not come to the Gardens if you are unwell or should be in isolation along with your household.
Remember, in line with recent guidance, you can only visit Kew Gardens with the people you live with, with your support bubble or, when on your own, with one person from another household.
Closures for coronavirus (COVID-19)
- All glasshouses, including the Temperate House, the Palm House, the Princess of Wales Conservatory, the Davies Alpine House and the Waterlily House are closed until further notice
- All our restaurants including the Botanical, the Orangery, the Pavilion and White Peaks are closed for dining in. Takeaway options are available
- All our shops are closed until further notice. You can still purchase gifts and souvenirs through our online shop.
- The Shirley Sherwood Gallery and Marianne North Gallery are closed until further notice
- Climbers and Creepers is closed
- The Kew Explorer is not currently running
- The Pagoda, Queen Charlotte’s Cottage and the Royal Palaces and Minka House are closed
- The Library is not open to the public
- The Treetop Walkway is closed
- The Badger Sett in the Natural Area is closed
- Parking is prohibited on Kew Road and limited around the area. Consider walking or cycling to us if you are able to
- The limited number of lockers at Victoria Gate are currently closed
- Victoria Plaza toilets will be closing on 19 January 2021 for a planned period of six weeks for refurbishment. During this time, toilets near the Pond will be the closest facilities to Victoria Gate.