We're always working to improve our UNESCO world heritage site, so occasionally we have to close some features. Please check before your visit to avoid disappointment.
Our Gardens are reopening for those who will appreciate an opportunity for a walk across our 330 acres of grounds.
You must book a time slot in advance otherwise, unfortunately, you won’t be allowed to visit (even if you’re a member).
We are closing specific buildings and attractions during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak to keep our staff and visitors safe.
Please do not come to the Gardens if you are unwell or should be in isolation along with your household.
- Elizabeth Gate and Brentford Gate are open as usual. Victoria Gate is entry only. Lion Gate are exit only.
- The Botanical and the indoors of the Orangery are closed. Outdoor seating and catering is available throughout Kew.
- Climbers and Creepers is permanently closed to make way for an exciting new attraction.
- The Children’s Garden is closed.
- The Hive is closed are closed until July 4.
- The Marianne North Gallery and the Shirley Sherwood Gallery are closed.
- The Kew Explorer is not running.
- The Pagoda, Queen Charlotte’s Cottage and the Royal Palaces are all closed.
- The Library is not open to the public.
- The Treetop Walkway is closed.
- Some of our benches and toilets are closed off. Open toilets are noted on the map on arrival.
- The Badger Sett and Log Trail in the Natural Area are closed.
- The Minka House is closed.
- Parking is prohibited on Kew Road and limited around the area. Consider walking or cycling to us if you are able to.