We're always working to improve our UNESCO world heritage site, so occasionally we have to close some features. Please check before your visit to avoid disappointment.
Our Gardens are open for those who are well enough to appreciate fresh air and exercise in nature during these difficult times.
You must book a time slot in advance otherwise, unfortunately, you won’t be allowed to visit (even if you’re a member).
From 19 December specific buildings and structures will be closed in line with government guidance during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Please do not come to the Gardens if you are unwell or should be in isolation along with your household.
In line with national guidance, please keep your group size to the rule of six or between two households only when outdoors. When indoors, you will still need to restrict your group to your household or support bubble where possible, unless you need specific assistance.
Don’t forget to check gov.uk/coronavirus for the latest guidance on travel.
Closures for coronavirus (COVID-19)
- All glasshouses, including the Temperate House, the Palm House, the Princess of Wales Conservatory, the Davies Alpine House and the Waterlily House are closed until further notice
- Our restaurants including Victoria Gate Café, the Orangery, Pavilion and White Peaks are open for outdoor seating and takeaway only
- The Shirley Sherwood Gallery and Marianne North Gallery are closed until further notice
- Climbers and Creepers is closed
- The Kew Explorer is not currently running
- The Pagoda, Queen Charlotte’s Cottage and the Royal Palaces and Minka House are closed
- The Library is not open to the public
- The Treetop Walkway is closed
- The Badger Sett in the Natural Area is closed
- Parking is prohibited on Kew Road and limited around the area. Consider walking or cycling to us if you are able to
- The limited number of lockers at Victoria Gate are currently closed
- Kew Palace toilets are currently closed for refurbishment. The closest facilities are at the Orangery
- Stable Yard toilets are closed until 24 April