We're always working to improve our UNESCO world heritage site, so occasionally we have to close some features. Please check before your visit to avoid disappointment.
Our Gardens are open for those who are well enough to appreciate fresh air and exercise in nature during these difficult times.
You must book a time slot in advance otherwise, unfortunately, you won’t be allowed to visit (even if you’re a member).
Please do not come to the Gardens if you are unwell or should be in isolation along with your household.
In line with national guidance, please keep your group size to the rule of six or between two households when indoors. Gatherings of over 30 people are not allowed in the Gardens.
You will need to wear a face covering when indoors unless you are seated for eating or exempt.
Most of our restaurants are open with indoor and/or outdoor seating available, including Victoria Gate Café, the Orangery, and Pavilion. White Peaks is open for takeaway only.
Please note: You may need to queue to help us manage social distancing within our indoor attractions. A one way system may be in place.
Don’t forget to check gov.uk/coronavirus for the latest guidance on travel.
- The Gardens will close early at 7pm (last entry 6pm) on 26 June, 3 July, 17 July, 24 July 2021. The galleries, shops, restaurants and glasshouses will start to close from last entry on these days.
- The water feature in the Children's Garden is currently closed for essential maintenance work.
- The Botanical restaurant is closed for refurbishment until 30 June.
- Climbers and Creepers is closed.
- The Pagoda and Minka House are currently closed.
- Queen Charlotte’s Cottage is closed.
- The Treetop Walkway is closed.
- The Badger Sett in the Natural Area is closed.
- The Temperate House will close at 5pm on Sunday 27 June.
- Parking is prohibited on Kew Road and limited around the area. Consider walking or cycling to us if you are able to.
- The limited number of lockers at Victoria Gate are currently closed.
- Kew Palace toilets are currently closed for refurbishment. The closest facilities are at the Orangery.