Plan your journey to Kew Gardens with our suggested routes to our easy-to-reach gates.
Elizabeth Gate (TW9 3AB)
Fastest route from central London.
Closest to Kew Bridge station, near to:
- Children's Garden
- Orangery restaurant
- Princess of Wales Conservatory
- Kew Palace and Royal Kitchens
- The Hive
Brentford Gate (TW9 3AF)
Next to Kew's Ferry Lane car park, near to:
- Children's Garden
- White Peaks café and shop
- Climbers and Creepers
Lion Gate (TW9 2DF)
Nearest Richmond station, near to:
- Japanese Gateway
Victoria Gate (TW9 3JR)
Closest to Kew Gardens station, near to:
- Palm House
- The Botanical
- Marianne North and Shirley Sherwood galleries
- Broad Walk Borders
- Victoria Plaza café and shop
Kew Gardens station is 500m from Victoria Gate. It is in Zone 3 and is served by the District Line (Richmond branch) and London Overground.
There is no level access from the westbound platform. It is possible to continue one stop to Richmond and catch a tube back to use the eastbound platform which does have level access.
Kew Bridge station is 800m from Elizabeth Gate, via Kew Bridge. South West Trains run services from Waterloo, via Vauxhall and Clapham Junction. There is no level access at Kew Bridge.
Richmond station has lift and level access. Take 65 bus (in the direction of Ealing Broadway) to Lion or Victoria Gate.
Route 65 stops close to Lion Gate, Elizabeth Gate and Victoria Gate.
Route 391 stops near Kew Gardens station and Elizabeth Gate.
Routes 237 and 267 stop at Kew Bridge station.
There are bicycle racks at all four gates. There are a limited number of lockers available at Victoria Gate.
We do not allow bicycles, tricycles, roller skates, skateboards, and scooters into the Gardens.
Kew Gardens car park (TW9 3AF)
Ferry Lane, near Brentford Gate
- Limited parking available in the car park
- Parking costs £7 per day
- No charge for motorcycles and mopeds
- Blue badge holders park for free in disabled access parking spaces or other spaces if full
- Car park closes 30 minutes after the Gardens close
Parking around Kew Gardens
- Limited free parking (including for coaches) on Kew Road (A307) after 10am
- Restrictions apply on most residential streets around Kew
- Three disabled access parking bays and drop-off area at Elizabeth Gate (TW9 3AB)
- Groups are advised to arrive at Victoria Gate (TW9 3JR) or Elizabeth Gate (TW9 3AB)
- There is no coach park at Kew
For groups travelling by coach
- Drop off/pick up at our designated area immediately outside Elizabeth Gate, or on Kew Road for Victoria Gate (limited access, depends on traffic conditions)
- Parking is possible but very limited on Kew Road
- There is no coach parking in Kew's car park.
Local parking options for coaches
- Richmond Athletic Association, TW9 2SF (located half a mile from Kew Gardens). Can be pre-booked with Richmond Athletic Association on 020 8940 0397
- Richmond Town Centre, Old Deer Park, TW9 2RA. Three coach spaces are available in the car park run by London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. Reservations are not possible
- Hampton Court Green, Hampton Court Road. Eight spaces are available at no charge. Reservations are not possible
- Hampton Court Station, Hampton Court Way KT8 9AE. 20 spaces are available in the car park run by Southwest Trains. Reservations are not possible
- Free parking is available on Kew Road (A307) along the cycle lane on the Kew Gardens’ side of the road only. Parking is on a first-come, first-served basis only. Avoid leaving engines running when parking here.
Help us improve our website
Can you spare 5 minutes to help answer a few short questions to help us improve our website experience?