Plan your journey to Kew Gardens with our suggested routes to our easy-to-reach gates.
Getting here during COVID-19
Our Gardens are easy to get to by bike, foot or car - but please note that parking is very limited.
In line with national guidance, please keep your group size to the rule of six or between two households only when outdoors. When indoors, you will still need to restrict your group to your household or support bubble where possible, unless you need specific assistance.
Don’t forget to check gov.uk/coronavirus for the latest guidance on travel.
You must book a time slot in advance, otherwise unfortunately you won’t be allowed to enter the Gardens.
Entry and exit
Victoria Gate (TW9 3JR)
Lion Gate (TW9 2DF)
Elizabeth Gate (TW9 3AB)
Brentford Gate (TW9 3AF)
The Kew Ferry Lane car park is close to Brentford Gate and open as usual.
Pay & Display still applies.
If you don’t have a ticket for Kew Gardens, you won’t be allowed to come in, so avoid paying for your parking without valid entry.
We love to welcome cyclists to our Gardens.
There are bicycle racks at all four gates. At Elizabeth Gate and Victoria Gate, the racks are inside the gates behind the booths.
Bikes left outside our gates are left at your own risk.
The limited number of lockers at Victoria Gate are closed off.
We do not allow bicycles, tricycles, roller skates, skateboards, and scooters into the Gardens.
Please note: Parking around Kew is extremely limited. Consider walking or cycling to us if you are able to.
Kew Gardens car park (TW9 3AF)
Ferry Lane, near Brentford Gate - You will still need to book a time slot to Kew Gardens
- Limited parking available in the car park
- Parking costs £7 per day. You can pay on site, or with the paybyphone app.
- No charge for motorcycles and mopeds
- Blue badge holders park for free in disabled access parking spaces or other spaces if full
- Car park closes 30 minutes after the Gardens close
- The Herbarium car park will operate as a weekend overflow car park, opening at the point that the Ferry Lane car park gets full
Parking around Kew Gardens
- There is no parking allowed on Kew Road (A307) Check Richmond council website for parking updates.
- Try the Just Park app to find parking near Kew Gardens.
- Restrictions apply on residential streets around Kew
- Three disabled access parking bays and drop-off area at Elizabeth Gate (TW9 3AB)
- There is no coach park at Kew
Richmond Athletic Grounds (TW9 2SF)
- Check out the Just Park app for Richmond Athletic Grounds. It's about 20 min walk to Victoria Gate.
Route 65 stops close to Lion Gate, Elizabeth Gate and Victoria Gate.
Route 110 stops near Kew Gardens station and Elizabeth Gate.
Routes 237 and 267 stop at Kew Bridge station.
Kew Bridge station is 800m from Elizabeth Gate, via Kew Bridge. South West Trains run services from Waterloo, via Vauxhall and Clapham Junction. There is no level access at Kew Bridge.
Richmond station has lift and level access. Take 65 bus (in the direction of Ealing Broadway) to Lion or Victoria Gate.
Kew Gardens station is 500m from Victoria Gate. It is in Zone 3 and is served by the District Line (Richmond branch) and London Overground.
There is no level access from the westbound platform. It is possible to continue one stop to Richmond and catch a tube back to use the eastbound platform which does have level access.