Plan your journey to Kew Gardens with our suggested routes
Victoria Gate (TW9 3JR)
Closest to Kew Gardens station, near to:
- Palm House
- The Botanical
- Marianne North and Shirley Sherwood galleries
- Broad Walk Borders
- Victoria Plaza café and shop
Elizabeth Gate (TW9 3AB)
Closest to Kew Bridge station, near to:
- Orangery restaurant
- Princess of Wales Conservatory
- Kew Palace and Royal Kitchens
- The Hive
Brentford Gate (TW9 3AF)
Next to Kew's Ferry Lane car park, near to:
- White Peaks café and shop
- Climbers and Creepers
- Treehouse Towers
Lion Gate (TW9 2DF)
Nearest Richmond station, near to:
- Japanese Gateway
Kew Gardens station is 500m from Victoria Gate. It is in Zone 3 and is served by the District Line (Richmond branch) and London Overground.
There is no level access from the westbound platform. It is possible to continue one stop to Richmond and catch a tube back to use the eastbound platform which does have level access.
Kew Bridge station is 800m from Elizabeth Gate, via Kew Bridge. South West Trains run services from Waterloo, via Vauxhall and Clapham Junction. There is no level access at Kew Bridge.
Richmond station has lift and level access. Take 65 bus (in the direction of Ealing Broadway) to Lion or Victoria Gate.
Route 65 stops close to Lion Gate, Victoria Gate and Elizabeth Gate.
Route 391 stops near Kew Gardens station and Elizabeth Gate.
Routes 237 and 267 stop at Kew Bridge station.
There are bicycle racks at all four gates. Lockers are available at Victoria and Elizabeth Gates.
We do not allow bicycles, tricycles, roller skates, skateboards, and scooters into the Gardens.
Kew Gardens car park (TW9 3AF)
Ferry Lane, near Brentford Gate
- Limited parking available in the car park
- Parking costs £7 per day
- No charge for motorcycles and mopeds
- Blue badge holders park for free in disabled access parking spaces or other spaces if full
- Car park closes 30 minutes after the Gardens close
Parking around Kew Gardens
- Limited free parking (including for coaches) on Kew Road (A307) after 10am
- Restrictions apply on most residential streets around Kew
- Three disabled access parking bays and drop-off area at Elizabeth Gate (TW9 3AB)
- Groups are advised to arrive at Victoria Gate (TW9 3JR) or Elizabeth Gate (TW9 3AB)
- There is no coach park at Kew