Plan your journey to Kew Gardens with our suggested routes to our easy-to-reach gates.
Getting here during COVID-19
Kew Gardens is open but some buildings are closed. In line with recent guidance, you should avoid travelling at all unless for specific purposes, including travelling a short distance to visit venues that are open for exercise and fresh air.
It's easy to walk, cycle or drive here, but be aware that parking is very limited.
You must book a time slot in advance, otherwise you won’t be allowed to enter the Gardens.
Entry and exit
Victoria Gate (TW9 3JR)
Lion Gate (TW9 2DF)
Elizabeth Gate (TW9 3AB)
Brentford Gate (TW9 3AF)
Please note: The Kew Ferry Lane car park is close to Brentford Gate and open as usual.
Pay & Display still applies.
If you don’t have a ticket for Kew Gardens, you won’t be allowed to come in, so avoid paying for your parking without valid entry.
Please note: Parking around Kew is very limited. Consider walking or cycling to us if you are able to.
Kew Gardens car park (TW9 3AF)
Ferry Lane, near Brentford Gate - You will still need to book a timeslot to Kew Gardens
- Limited parking available in the car park
- Parking costs £7 per day
- No charge for motorcycles and mopeds
- Blue badge holders park for free in disabled access parking spaces or other spaces if full
- Car park closes 30 minutes after the Gardens close
- The Herbarium car park will operate as a weekend overflow car park, opening at the point that the Ferry Lane car park gets full
Parking around Kew Gardens
- There is no parking allowed on Kew Road (A307) Check Richmond council website for parking updates.
- Restrictions apply on most residential streets around Kew
- Three disabled access parking bays and drop-off area at Elizabeth Gate (TW9 3AB)
- There is no coach park at Kew
Richmond Athletic Grounds (TW9 2SF)
- Check out the Just Park app for Richmond Athletic Grounds. It's about 20 min walk to Victoria Gate.
There are bicycle racks at all four gates. At Elizabeth Gate and Victoria Gate, the racks are inside the gates. The limited number of lockers at Victoria Gate are closed off.
We do not allow bicycles, tricycles, roller skates, skateboards, and scooters into the Gardens.
Route 65 stops close to Lion Gate, Elizabeth Gate and Victoria Gate.
Route 391 stops near Kew Gardens station and Elizabeth Gate.
Routes 237 and 267 stop at Kew Bridge station.
Kew Bridge station is 800m from Elizabeth Gate, via Kew Bridge. South West Trains run services from Waterloo, via Vauxhall and Clapham Junction. There is no level access at Kew Bridge.
Richmond station has lift and level access. Take 65 bus (in the direction of Ealing Broadway) to Lion or Victoria Gate.
Kew Gardens station is 500m from Victoria Gate. It is in Zone 3 and is served by the District Line (Richmond branch) and London Overground.
There is no level access from the westbound platform. It is possible to continue one stop to Richmond and catch a tube back to use the eastbound platform which does have level access.