Plan your journey to Kew Gardens with our suggested routes to our easy-to-reach gates.
Entry and exit
Victoria Gate (TW9 3JR)
Lion Gate (TW9 2DF)
Elizabeth Gate (TW9 3AE)
Brentford Gate (TW9 3AF)
The Kew Ferry Lane car park is close to Brentford Gate and open as usual.
Pay & Display still applies.
Please note: There are no lockers or baggage storage facilities available in the Gardens. You can check Stasher for luggage storage facilities nearby.
We love to welcome cyclists to our Gardens.
There are bicycle racks at all four gates. At Elizabeth Gate and Victoria Gate, the racks are inside the gates behind the booths.
Bikes left outside our gates are left at your own risk.
We do not allow bicycles, tricycles, roller skates, skateboards, and scooters into the Gardens.
Route 65 stops close to Lion Gate, Elizabeth Gate and Victoria Gate.
Route 110 stops near Kew Gardens station and Elizabeth Gate.
Routes 237 and 267 stop at Kew Bridge station.
Kew Bridge station is 800m from Elizabeth Gate, via Kew Bridge. South West Trains run services from Waterloo, via Vauxhall and Clapham Junction. There is no level access at Kew Bridge.
Richmond station has lift and level access. Take 65 bus (in the direction of Ealing Broadway) to Lion or Victoria Gate.
Kew Gardens station is 500m from Victoria Gate. It is in Zone 3 and is served by the District Line (Richmond branch) and London Overground.
There is no level access from the westbound platform. It is possible to continue one stop to Richmond and catch a tube back to use the eastbound platform which does have level access.
Please note: Parking at Kew is extremely limited, with spaces in our car park available on a first come, first served basis. Please plan ahead if you are considering driving to Kew, as we cannot guarantee available space in our car park.
CONGESTION ZONE & ULTRA LOW EMISSIONS ZONE (ULEZ)
Kew Gardens is not located within London’s Congestion Zone. It is included in the ULEZ. We recommend checking the ULEZ before you travel if driving by car, details can be found here.
Kew Gardens car park (TW9 3AF)
Ferry Lane, near Brentford Gate.
- Limited parking available in the car park
- Parking costs £9 per day. You can pay on site, or with the paybyphone app.
- No charge for motorcycles and mopeds
- Blue badge holders park for free in disabled access parking spaces or other spaces if full
- Car park closes 30 minutes after the Gardens close
- The Herbarium car park will operate as a weekend overflow car park, opening at the point that the Ferry Lane car park gets full
Parking around Kew Gardens
- There is no parking allowed on Kew Road (A307) Check Richmond council website for parking updates.
- From Monday 3 May 2021, you will need to pay to park in visitor spaces at Kew Green using RingGo.
- Try the Just Park app to find parking near Kew Gardens.
- Restrictions apply on residential streets around Kew
- Three disabled access parking bays and drop-off area at Elizabeth Gate (TW9 3AB)
- There is no coach park at Kew
Richmond Athletic Grounds (TW9 2SF)
- Check out the Just Park app for Richmond Athletic Grounds. It's about 20 min walk to Victoria Gate. Please note: Kew Gardens is not affiliated in any way with Just Park
Thames River Boats operate a special service from Westminster Pier to Kew Pier.
The easiest entrance for visitors coming from Kew Pier is Elizabeth Gate (postcode TW9 3AB). Elizabeth Gate is a 0.2 mile walk from Kew Pier across Kew Green.
Westminster to Kew:
Kew to Westminster:
Sailing times may vary, check the Thames River Boats site for more information.