Dos & Don'ts
Help us to look after Kew Gardens and protect the plants and buildings across our UNESCO world heritage site.
- Any children aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Only registered disability assistance dogs are allowed in the gardens - please leave your pets at home.
- Help protect our plants so that people from all over the world can enjoy them - climbing, picking or pruning is not allowed.
- Please be careful when walking through the Gardens and avoid walking over planted areas.
- Bicycles, tricycles, roller skates, skateboards, micro-scooters, balance bikes and other vehicles (except powered wheelchairs) must be left at the gates.
- Leave the flying to the birds - drones and other remotely controlled aircraft are not allowed.
- Enjoy the peace and tranquility of Kew - please don't bring radios, music players and musical instruments into the Gardens.
- Kew Gardens is the perfect place for picnics - please stick to grassy areas and don't bring barbecues or picnic furniture.
- To protect our lawns, ball games and sports (including jogging) are not allowed in the Gardens.
- No food or drink is allowed in the galleries. We also ask you to follow the recommended route through the Shirley Sherwood Gallery to help us protect our precious artworks. Manual wheelchairs are welcome; unfortunately we can't accommodate mobility scooters in the galleries. Please leave buggies in the buggy park provided.
- Our narrow Treetop Walkway is not suitable for mobility scooters and pushchairs, please leave them on the ground.
- Teachers, please be kind to our staff and only allow 10 children at a time into the shops and only 5 children at a time into the galleries.
Get in touch
Call: +44 (0)20 8332 5655 (Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm)
Photography or painting
For commercial photography or painting, or if you'd like to paint with an easel in one of our glasshouses:
For press enquiries about filming:
Call: +44 (0)20 8332 5607
Please note: No commercial activities may be undertaken in the Gardens except as part of Kew authorised events.