Dos & don'ts
Help us to look after Kew Gardens and protect the plants and buildings across our UNESCO world heritage site.
- Bicycles, tricycles, roller skates, skateboards, micro-scooters, balance bikes and other vehicles (except powered wheelchairs) must be left at the gates.
- Do not remove any plants from our Gardens. Plant theft is not only a crime, it also puts the survival of certain species at risk. If you notice someone acting suspiciously, please notify a member of staff.
- To protect our lawns, ball games and sports (including jogging) are not allowed in the Gardens.
- Any children aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Only registered disability assistance dogs are allowed in the gardens - please leave your pets at home.
- There are deep bodies of water on site. Please supervise children at all times.
- Help us to preserve our rare and ancient collection of trees by avoiding the temptation to climb them.
- Kew is home to a wide range of wildlife, including birds and mammals - please respect their space, especially young animals during the spring.
- Please be careful when walking through the Gardens and avoid walking over planted areas.
- Leave the flying to the birds - drones and other remotely controlled aircraft are not allowed.
- Enjoy the peace and tranquillity of Kew - please don't bring radios, music players and musical instruments into the Gardens.
- Kew Gardens is the perfect place for picnics - please stick to grassy areas and don't bring barbecues or picnic furniture.
- No commercial activities may be undertaken in the Gardens except as part of Kew authorised events.
- Please place all rubbish in the bins provided or take it home with you.
- Any discriminatory behaviour is deemed unacceptable. We all have the right to be treated equally and expect our visitors and staff to be regarded with courtesy, respect and fairness.
Get in touch
Call: +44 (0)20 8332 5655 (Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm)
Photography or painting
For commercial photography or painting enquiries:
For press enquiries about filming:
Call: +44 (0)20 8332 5607