Dos & Don'ts
Help us to look after Kew Gardens and protect the plants and buildings across our UNESCO world heritage site.
- Any children aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Only adults with children are able to enter The Children's Garden along with their valid ticket
- Only registered disability assistance dogs are allowed in the gardens - please leave your pets at home.
- Help protect our plants so that people from all over the world can enjoy them - climbing, picking or pruning is not allowed
- Please be careful when walking through the Gardens and avoid walking over planted areas
- Bicycles, tricycles, roller skates, skateboards, micro-scooters, balance bikes and other vehicles (except powered wheelchairs) must be left at the gates
- Leave the flying to the birds - drones and other remotely controlled aircraft are not allowed
- Enjoy the peace and tranquility of Kew - please don't bring radios, music players and musical instruments into the Gardens
- Kew Gardens is the perfect place for picnics - please stick to grassy areas and don't bring barbecues or picnic furniture
- To protect our lawns, ball games and sports (including jogging) are not allowed in the Gardens
- No food or drink is allowed in the galleries. We also ask you to follow the recommended route through the Shirley Sherwood Gallery to help us protect our precious artworks
- Manual wheelchairs are welcome; unfortunately we can't accommodate mobility scooters in the galleries. Please leave buggies in the buggy park provided
- Our narrow Treetop Walkway is not suitable for mobility scooters and pushchairs, please leave them on the ground
- Teachers, please be kind to our staff and only allow 10 children at a time into the shops and only 5 children at a time into the galleries
- No commercial activities may be undertaken in the Gardens except as part of Kew authorised events.
Get in touch
Call: +44 (0)20 8332 5655 (Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm)
Photography or painting
For commercial photography or painting, or if you'd like to paint with an easel in one of our glasshouses:
For press enquiries about filming:
Call: +44 (0)20 8332 5607