Dos & don'ts
Help us to look after Kew Gardens and protect the plants and buildings across our UNESCO world heritage site.
Help us keep you safe
- You should not enter the Gardens if you think you have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please continue to maintain social distancing where possible.
- We appreciate face coverings are no longer required by law, but please wear a face covering when indoors unless you are exempt. This helps protect yourself and others.
- Regularly wash your hands and avoid touching your face. Check the NHS guidelines for more.
- Come prepared with your own hand sanitiser, tissues, and contactless methods to pay.
- Please refrain from approaching our horticultural teams whilst they work as they are social distancing.
- Any children aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Only registered disability assistance dogs are allowed in the gardens - please leave your pets at home.
- Please do not climb, pick, prune or remove any plants from our Gardens. The loss of plants is upsetting for our team who skilfully and diligently care for our collections. If you notice any suspicious behaviour, please report this to a member of staff.
- Please be careful when walking through the Gardens and avoid walking over planted areas.
- Bicycles, tricycles, roller skates, skateboards, micro-scooters, balance bikes and other vehicles (except powered wheelchairs) must be left at the gates.
- Leave the flying to the birds - drones and other remotely controlled aircraft are not allowed.
- Enjoy the peace and tranquility of Kew - please don't bring radios, music players and musical instruments into the Gardens.
- Kew Gardens is the perfect place for picnics - please stick to grassy areas and don't bring barbecues or picnic furniture.
- To protect our lawns, ball games and sports (including jogging) are not allowed in the Gardens.
- No commercial activities may be undertaken in the Gardens except as part of Kew authorised events.
- Please place all rubbish in the bins provided or take it home with you.
Get in touch
Call: +44 (0)20 8332 5655 (Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm)
Photography or painting
For commercial photography or painting enquiries:
For press enquiries about filming:
Call: +44 (0)20 8332 5607