Dos & Don'ts
Help us to look after Kew Gardens and protect the plants and buildings across our UNESCO world heritage site.
- Any children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Only registered disability assistance dogs are allowed in the gardens - please leave your pets at home.
- Help protect our plants so that people from all over the world can enjoy them - climbing, picking or pruning is not allowed.
- Please be careful when walking through the Gardens and avoid walking over planted areas.
- Bicycles, tricycles, roller skates, skateboards, micro-scooters, balance bikes and other vehicles (except powered wheelchairs) must be left at the gates.
- Leave the flying to the birds - drones and other remotely controlled aircraft are not allowed.
- Enjoy the peace and tranquility of Kew - please don't bring radios, music players and musical instruments into the Gardens.
- Kew Gardens is the perfect place for picnics - please stick to grassy areas and don't bring barbecues or picnic furniture.
- To protect our lawns, ball games and sports (including jogging) are not allowed in the Gardens.
- Our narrow Treetop Walkway is not suitable for mobility scooters and pushchairs, please leave them on the ground.
- Teachers, please be kind to our shop staff and only allow 10 children at a time into the shops.
Get in touch
Call: +44 (0)20 8332 5655 (Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm)
Photography or painting
For commercial photography or painting, or if you'd like to paint with an easel in one of our glasshouses:
For press enquiries about filming:
Call: +44 (0)20 8332 5607
Please note: no commercial activities may be undertaken in the Gardens except as part of Kew authorised events.