Dos & don'ts
Help us to look after Kew Gardens and protect the plants and buildings across our UNESCO world heritage site.
Help us keep you safe
- You should not enter the Gardens if you think you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Keep 2m away from other people not in your group
- In line with national guidance, please remember to limit your party to the rule of six or to two households only when outdoors
- When indoors, you will need to restrict your group to your household or support bubble where possible, unless you need specific assistance
- Regularly wash your hands and avoid touching your face. Check the NHS guidelines for more
- Come prepared with your own hand sanitiser, tissues, and contactless methods to pay
- Help us limit visitor numbers by not sitting on the grass or benches for long periods of time
- Please refrain from approaching our horticultural teams whilst they work as they are social distancing.
Unfortunately, if we see that these rules are not being observed, we will have to take immediate action, including asking people to leave, or closing the Gardens entirely.
- Any children aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Only registered disability assistance dogs are allowed in the gardens - please leave your pets at home
- Help protect our plants so that people from all over the world can enjoy them - climbing, picking or pruning is not allowed
- Please be careful when walking through the Gardens and avoid walking over planted areas
- Bicycles, tricycles, roller skates, skateboards, micro-scooters, balance bikes and other vehicles (except powered wheelchairs) must be left at the gates
- Leave the flying to the birds - drones and other remotely controlled aircraft are not allowed
- Enjoy the peace and tranquility of Kew - please don't bring radios, music players and musical instruments into the Gardens
- Kew Gardens is the perfect place for picnics - please stick to grassy areas and don't bring barbecues or picnic furniture
- To protect our lawns, ball games and sports (including jogging) are not allowed in the Gardens
- No commercial activities may be undertaken in the Gardens except as part of Kew authorised events
- Please place all rubbish in the bins provided or take it home with you.
Get in touch
Call: +44 (0)20 8332 5655 (Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm)
Photography or painting
For commercial photography or painting enquiries:
For press enquiries about filming:
Call: +44 (0)20 8332 5607