Accessibility at Kew Gardens
We want everyone to have an enjoyable time at Kew, so we aim to provide accessibility support across the Gardens.
Free entry for:
- essential carers accompanying visitors with a disability
- registered blind and partially-sighted visitors
Visitors with a disability qualify for a concession ticket.
The Gardens are largely flat, with tarmac paths in most places.
- If you require assistance please ask a member of staff who will be happy to help.
- The Gardens are under a flightpath and there are often vehicles and machinery at work in the Gardens that could affect those with sensory issues.
- The Kew Explorer land train is not running, and our glasshouses, restaurants and galleries are closed at this time.
- Mobility scooters are available from Brentford and Victoria Gates, and must be booked in advance.
Please avoid public transport on your journey to Kew.
If you are reliant on public transport, you should postpone your visit until Government guidelines have changed.
Kew Gardens car park (TW9 3AF) near Brentford Gate is open, however parking is prohibited along Kew Road. Check the Richmond council website for parking updates.
- Drivers displaying a blue badge can park in Kew Gardens car park (TW9 3AF) free of charge
- There are 8 disabled parking spaces in the car park (use other spaces if full)
- There are 3 disabled parking spaces to the right of the Elizabeth Gate on Kew Green
Restrooms are limited during this phase of reopening, but those available are indicated on the map provided at entry gates.
The disabled toilet at Brentford gate is also available.
Mobility scooters and wheelchairs
There are a limited number of wheelchairs available to borrow at entry gates for you and your essential carer. There’s no need to book, please ask when you arrive
Mobility scooters are available if booked in advance. They are available from Brentford and Victoria Gates.
You are welcome to bring your own scooter if it is a pavement-use mobility scooter limited to 4mph
Please note that mobility scooters are not suitable for driving on the grass
Get in touch
For accessibility advice during your visit, please contact us (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm):
Call: +44 (0)20 8332 5655