Eating and drinking
We have a wide variety of cafés and restaurants at Kew Gardens. Look out for seasonal specialities and food foraged from our Gardens.
Test and Trace
If you're eating inside one of our restaurants, it is now compulsory to provide your contact details for NHS Test and Trace.
Download the NHS COVID-19 app beforehand and scan the QR codes displayed, or give your details directly to one of our designated catering staff members.
Don't want to eat inside?
Grab a tasty treat from one of our pop-up outdoor catering outlets.
Enjoy fine meals and afternoon tea in the elegant Botanical table-service restaurant, dramatically located with a view of the Palm House.
Breakfast: 10am – 11.30am
Lunch 11.30am – 3pm
Afternoon tea and cream tea 2pm – 4.30pm
Victoria Gate Café
Pick up the perfect picnic grub or weekend pizza from our pitstop café.
10am – 7pm
(8am weekend opening)
Pavilion Bar and Grill
Enjoy alfresco dining under the vines with our menu of charcoal fire-grilled food. Full table service only.
11am – 5pm
Bar order and table service
Take a delicious deli sandwich, a hot breakfasts or refreshing salad for your Kew walk, or enjoy them in our outdoor seating area.
11.30am – 3.30pm
Deli takeaway service only with barista service, soups, new sandwich range and wrapped cakes.
Ideal for feeding your family, our freshly prepared kid-friendly menu is now take-away only.
11am – 3.30pmWhite peaks example menu (PDF)
Useful stuff to know
When things go back to normal, it might be good to know:
- All cafés and restaurants have level access
- Wewill require you to provide contact details if you are sat inside in order to support the NHS Test and Trace drive.
- Take-away only from 15 mins before closing (except The Botanical).
- The Orangery and White Peaks have microwaves to warm bottles.
- Picnics are allowed throughout the Gardens.
- We may occasionally need to close our restaurants for private events or essential maintenance. Please check for planned closures and visitor notices before you visit.