Free woodland walks at WakehurstThu 13 June 2013 - Thu 02 January 2014, 2pm
These afternoon walks on the second and fourth Thursday of each month take over two hours and take in the entire woodland collections, as well as the ornamental areas of Wakehurst.
The walks take in both ornamental and woodland areas of Wakehurst
- Date: Second and fourth Thursday of each month (except Christmas Eve and Christmas Day when the Gardens are closed).
- Time: 2.00pm (subject to the availability of a guide).
- Location: tours start from the Mansion carriage ring.
- Duration: over two hours and involve some steep slopes.
- Price: tours are FREE
- Booking: tours do not need to be pre-booked. Full details are available from the Visitor Centre on arrival.
About the walks
Guides at Wakehurst are all dedicated volunteers with a wide knowledge and passion for the Gardens. These free tours are designed for individuals and families. We have a limit of 25 people on any one tour, so if you are coming with a group please pre-book a tailored tour.
On the second and fourth Thursday of each month, the afternoon tour, at 2pm, is longer and takes in the entire woodland collections as well as the ornamental areas. This longer walk allows visitors to be shown fascinating trees from around the world and to appreciate the full size of the estate.
- Coming up at Wakehurst
- Opening times
- Garden attractions
- How to find us
- Become a member
- Ticket prices
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew
- english garden
- around the world
- ground breaking
- for kids
- english heritage
- for friends
- the UK
- brand new
- for plant lovers
- special interest
- at risk
- Kew at home
- garden plants
- high up