Free daily guided tours at WakehurstWed 12 June 2013 - Mon 07 March 2016, 11.30am, 2.00pm
Daily tours allow visitors to see plants of seasonal interest and learn about some of the fascinating history of the estate.
Meet your tour guide at the Mansion
- Dates: 2 free tours are on offer every day throughout the year (except Christmas Eve and Christmas Day when the Gardens are closed).
- Times: tours begin at 11.30am and 2.00pm (subject to the availability of a guide).
- Location: tours start from the Mansion carriage ring.
- Duration: most tours take 45 minutes to 1 hour. A longer afternoon walk on the second and fourth Thursday of the month takes over two hours and involves some steep slopes.
- Price: tours are FREE with admission to the gardens. (Ticket prices)
- Booking: tours do not need to be pre-booked. Full details are available from the Visitor Centre on arrival
About the tours
Guides at Wakehurst are all dedicated volunteers with a wide knowledge and passion for the Gardens. These free tours are designed for individuals and families. We have a limit of 25 people on any one tour, so if you are coming with a group please pre-book a tailored tour.
Most free tours concentrate on the ornamental gardens close to the Mansion, looking at plants of seasonal interest as well as explaining some of the history of the house and gardens, and looking at the vital conservation work being undertaken in the Millennium Seed Bank and by the horticultural team here.
On the second and fourth Thursday of each month, the afternoon tour is longer and takes in the entire woodland collections as well as the ornamental areas. This longer walk allows visitors to be shown fascinating trees from around the world and to appreciate the full size of the estate
- Coming up at Wakehurst
- Opening times
- Garden attractions
- How to find us
- Become a member
- Ticket prices
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew
- english garden
- around the world
- ground breaking
- for kids
- english heritage
- for friends
- gifts that help
- the UK
- brand new
- for plant lovers
- special interest
- at risk
- Kew at home
- garden plants
- high up