Christmas at WakehurstFri 25 November - Fri 23 December 2011
Visit Santa, sing carols, listen to a seasonal story and much more at Wakehurst this Christmas.
Wakehurst in winter time
- Date and times: On different dates between 25 November - 23 December 2011, please check below for details.
- Location: Wakehurst (how to find us)
- Price: Adults £11.50, children under 17 visit FREE
Christmas tree 'switch on'
- Friday 25 November, 6.15pm approx | Entry by donation
Christmas story telling
- Saturday 3, 10 and 17 December, 11am and 2pm | Separate charge of £2.00 per child applies
Come and listen to a children’s Christmas story in our Winter Wonderland.
Visit Santa in his 'Winter Wonderland'
- Sunday 4, 11 & 18 December, 11am to 3.30pm | Separate charge of £5.00 per child applies to visit Santa
Bring the family for festive activities and visit Santa in the Wakehurst mansion. Enjoy Christmas food and drink and listen to our wandering carol-singers.
Christmas wreath making
- Thursday 8 and Friday 9 December, 10am to 3.30pm |£3 per small wreath, £5 per medium wreath.
Come along and make your own Christmas wreath using some beautiful plant material collected from Wakehurst, with on hand advice from our horticultural staff.
Christmas carol evening
- Friday 16 December, 7pm-8pm | Entry by donation
Christmas lunch and dinner in the Wakehurst mansion
- Selected dates during November and December, see below | Reservations: 01444 894040
A rare opportunity to dine in our Elizabethan mansion. Sit down to a festive menu of fresh seasonal produce.
Lunch dates: 4/9/10/18 December
Time: between 12pm-2pm
Dinner dates: 25 November, 9/10/16 December
Time: between 6.30pm-8.30pm
With the days getting shorter we are already planning for Christmas! We will have a selection of Christmas tree varieties, both cut and pot grown, on sale from 1 December. Our trees are all locally grown in the South East of England, and are chosen for their freshness, shape and scent. There will be decorations and Christmas goodies a plenty in the gift shop. Please remember that each and every purchase you make, helps towards the work of Kew at Wakehurst.
And don’t forget, a Wakehurst season ticket makes a wonderful Christmas gift!
- Coming up at Wakehurst
- Opening times
- More garden attractions
- How to find us
- Become a Friend of Kew
- Ticket prices
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew
- english garden
- for kids
- english heritage
- around the world
- for friends
- gifts that help
- the UK
- ground breaking
- at risk
- brand new
- for plant lovers
- special interest
- high up
- Kew at home
- garden plants