KS4 Geography Themed Day
Students can take part in landscape sketch mapping and study the distribution of plants using transects. They can also undertake activities that explore the issue of climate change, carry out visitor surveys and learn about sustainable practice and countryside management at Wakehurst.
The geography day consisting of three sessions around a theme, is tailored to suit the needs of your group and planned in detail prior to the visit.
- Length: Day visit - Includes three sessions.
- Group size: 20 students maximum.
- Minimum supervision required: 1 adult per 10 students.
- Programme cost: Full day visit.
School visits at Wakehurst support and enhance the curriculum offered in schools and colleges. We aim to give students opportunities that are difficult or impossible to create in the school or college environment. We design our sessions to match the learning outcomes in the National Curriculum and GCSE specifications.
Our visits are planned to suit your needs, and the outcomes, based on the options you choose, will be agreed at a planning meeting.
Some possible opportunities for students include:
- complete landscape sketch mapping
- investigate the distribution of plants using transects
- explore the issue of climate change
- conduct a visitor survey
- notice and describe sustainable and countryside management as practised at Wakehurst
Links to GCSE curriculum
The specifications for exam boards vary. When you book a school visit at Wakehurst, let us know which exam board you are using and we will work with you to tailor the session for your students.