KS4 Art and Photography Themed Day
Students sketch and collect photographs for landscape projects using the gardens at Wakehurst as their inspiration. For natural forms and still-life projects, large amounts of varied native and exotic plant material can be made available. These materials can be viewed at the macro or micro level.
Students also have the opportunity to collect images in a variety of media and use different techniques for their projects.
- Length: Day visit - includes two or three sessions designed around a creative theme.
- Group size: 20 students maximum.
- Minimum supervision required: 1 adult per 10 students.
- Programme cost: Full day visit.
School visits at Wakehurst support and enhance the curriculum offered in schools and colleges. We aim to give students opportunities that are difficult or impossible to create in the school or college environment.
We design our sessions to match the learning outcomes in the National Curriculum and GCSE specifications.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- sketch/photograph landscapes
- use native and exotic plant material in natural form and still-life projects
- create 2D and 3D ephemeral art using a rich variety of natural materials
- use microscopes to explore the intricate detail of plants
- use a variety of media and techniques
- look at the work of artists who are inspired by plants
Links ro GCSE curriculum
The specifications for exam boards vary. When you book a school visit at Wakehurst, let us know which exam board you are using and we will work with you to tailor the session for your students.