Key Stage 1 - Amazing Seeds
Pupils explore seed, from the everyday to the exotic. Using microscopes pupils are able to observe closely a variety of seeds, comparing and contrasting their structures and uses. They identify seeds, matching them to the amazing plants they grow into.
- Length: approximately 45 minutes
- Group size: 30 students (maximum).
- Minimum supervision required: 1 adult per 5 students.
- Programme cost: Part of a full or half day visit See our Prices and FAQs page for more information.
We design our sessions to match the learning outcomes in the National Curriculum. All our sessions have a cross-curricular approach and are tailored to suit the educational needs of your group. We aim to give pupils opportunities to work scientifically in areas that are difficult or impossible to create in the school environment.
This session offers pupils the opportunity to:
- handle a variety of native and exotic seeds
- observe the seeds closely using microscopes
- compare the size, colour and texture of seeds
- identify and relate seeds to the plant they grow into
- understand some of the uses of seeds
This KS1 visit supports and enhances the Science curriculum offered in schools.
Year 2 Plants
- observe and describe how seeds grow into mature plants