Group visits at Wakehurst
Group discounts apply to groups with ten or more paying visitors paying together. As well as saving money, you can take advantage of our sample itineraries and guided tours.
|Ticket type||Full price||Group price
on the day
Child (16 and under)
A sample itinerary
10:30am. Arrive at Wakehurst. Join one of our guides and enjoy an hour exploring the collections and history of the gardens. The tour ends at the Millennium Seed Bank where the guide will give an overview of the work carried out there
11:30am. Visit the Millennium Seed Bank exhibition to discover the importance of seed conservation and learn more about the worldwide effort to store and conserve seeds, which Kew is leading
12:15pm. Visit the Mansion, including the Gallery currently showing an exhibition of botanical watercolour paintings
12:45pm. Lunch at The Stables restaurant
1:30pm. Free time to explore the gardens and woodlands, relax near the Mansion or visit the shop and plant sales areas in the Visitor Centre
- Pay in advance: These prices are valid for groups paying 14 days in advance. To book, download a Wakehurst group booking form
- Pay on the day: Groups must pay in one single transaction, not as individuals.
*National Trust Members, Friends of Kew, Wakehurst season ticket holders, essential carers and visually-disabled visitors are admitted FREE.
Pre-booked guided tours for groups
Guided walks are available for groups of up to 25 visitors.
- The walks cost £25 per group, payable in advance to secure the services of the guide, and last about one-and-a-quarter hours.
- For groups of foreign visitors requiring a tour, if numbers are greater than 25 the tour operator will need to provide two interpreters.
- We have a limited number of guides available and whilst we endeavour to meet your requirements, at busy periods during the year this may not always be possible: therefore an early booking is advisable.
For information on tours of the garden call 01444 894066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ten things to do on your visit
- Watch science in action at the Millennium Seed Bank
- Enjoy local produce at The Stables restaurant
- Witness recycling on a massive scale at Compost Corner
- See magnificent seasonal displays in the gardens throughout the year
- Walk the woodlands of the world, with trees from every temperate region
- Come in late April or early May and be dazzled by the glorious swathes of bluebells in our woodlands
- Find the rare Wollemi pine, which can be traced back to the time of the dinosaurs
- See Wakehurst's four national plant collections: hypericum, birch, southern beech and skimmias
- Find out how we make our own charcoal, and buy some for your own barbeque
- Take a guided tour around the estate to learn more about our mission
Discover more in our Wakehurst group visits brochure.
More from Kew
Book of the monthPlant Lover's Guides to Dahlias and Salvias
Shop onlineA selection of delicious teas available to buy in our gift shop
Art exhibition'Magnolias' features paintings by artist Barbara Oozeerally.
Kew bag for lifeFeatures the Kew Gardens logo. From 100% unbleached cotton