Kew the Music 2013 - access information
Find out about concert access including parking, the disabled viewing area and the concert arena.
Booking fees apply
- There are three marked disabled parking spaces on Kew Green c 700m from the nearest concert entrance at Victoria Gate.
- These are public spaces on the public highway and are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Kew is unable to reserve any spaces specifically so we advise drivers to leave in plenty of time to secure a parking space closest to your chosen entry gate.
- There is more parking available at kew the Music 2013. See detailed parking information and find out about drop-off and pick-up points.
Access to the arena
- A disabled guest plus one carer may enter from 5.45pm (15 minutes before the general public) via Victoria Gate and Lion Gate.
- Please note that as a change from previous years, Pavilion Gate will not be in use.
- The concert site has flat, step-free access throughout. It should still be noted that some areas of the grounds at the event site are uneven and special care should be taken whilst moving around the site.
Disabled viewing area
- There is a designated disabled viewing area at the concert. The stewarding team, wearing yellow high-vis vests, will be on hand to guide you to the location.
- The designated area is accessible via a tarmac surface, flat route and offers excellent views of the stage. This is a new location for disabled viewing and is an improvement on 2012.
- It can be found in the centre of the arena.
- Please note that space within the disabled viewing area is solely for the use of disabled guests plus one carer per guest.
- If you plan to arrive early, we recommend you bring a folding chair for the queue.
There are accessible toilets:
- On either side of the arena within the mobile toilet block.
- At the Pavilion Gate.
- Within easy reach from the disabled viewing area (approx 25 m).
Wheelchair access and guide dogs
- There are wheelchairs at all gates available on a first come, first served basis. Mobility scooters are not available.
- Guide dogs or registered disability assistance dogs are allowed within the Gardens. Other dogs are not allowed.
Lighting and special effects
- Strobe lighting may feature in concerts. Please contact 020 8332 6555 for further information.
- Each concerts ends with a firework display (except on Sunday 14 July).
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew