Kew the Movies 2013 - screening times for movies at Wakehurst
Details of opening times, including when the screenings will start.
The setting for Kew the Movies at Wakehurst spans the beautiful lawn in front of the Mansion, and the croquet lawn.
Friday 30 August and Saturday 31 August
- 5.30pm - Gardens close (last entry 5.00pm).
- 6.00pm - Access for disabled guests is also via the Visitor Centre.
- 6.30pm - General admissions via the Visitor Centre
- 7.30pm - Film presentation starts
- 10.40pm - Evening finishes (Friday)
10.00pm - Evening finishes (Saturday)
All timings are approximate and film lengths vary from night to night. On each event day, there will be a short sound check between 4pm and 6pm.
At the event
- No seating is provided so do bring your own picnic rugs or folding chairs. There is a “picnic blanket only” section in the front central section of the arena so as not to obstruct the views of others.
- Picnic rugs and inflatable back wedges will be available to purchase at the event.
- As this is an open-air event, please dress accordingly, and out of courtesy to fellow cinema-goers please refrain from using umbrellas.
- Any decision to cancel the event due to bad weather will be taken at the advertised starting time. No refund will be made if a screening starts, but is later abandoned.
- For safety reasons, no naked flames (i.e. barbecues, candles, night lights, flares and lanterns) are allowed. Picnic tables, gazebos and tents are also not permitted.
- All visitors to the gardens including Out of Opening Hours events are expected to adhere to the Statutory Regulations. This includes no balls and/or animals being brought into the gardens. (Guide dogs are welcome when on a suitable lead).
- Videos and recording devices of any sort are not permitted.
- As per our ticket terms & conditions, we would like to remind you that as a ticket holder you are consenting to photography and filming by Kew and Wakehurst Place that may be used for promotional purposes.
- We strongly encourage guests to recycle their glass at each event using the recycling facilities provided. Please look out for our recycling team in the green vests who will be happy to assist you.
- Please leave quietly at the end of the event out of consideration to our neighbours, and place all litter in the bins provided on the way out.
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew