Getting here and access
Find out how to get here and which gate to use. We encourage you to use public transport on event evenings, as parking in the area is very limited.
Which gate to use
- Entrance and exit for all ticket holders is via Elizabeth Gate (Main Gate).
- Access for disabled guests plus one additional carer from 6.15pm via Elizabeth Gate on Kew Green.
- From Elizabeth Gate it is about a three-minute walk to the cinema arena.
Nearest underground stations
- Use the District line to Kew Gardens (zone 3). From here it is a 20 minute walk to the Elizabeth Gate.
- Check Transport for London for more detailed information.
Nearest overground stations
- Train services (South West Trains) from Waterloo, via Vauxhall and Clapham Junction, stop at Kew Bridge station. From Kew Bridge station it is a 10-minute walk (800 metres) to Kew Gardens (Elizabeth Gate entrance).
- Visit the National Rail Journey Planner for more information.
- Number 65 bus runs between Kingston and Ealing.
- Number 391 bus runs between Richmond and Fulham.
- Routes 237 and 267 stop at Kew Bridge station.
- Visit Transport for London for alternative routes and more detailed information.
Bicycle park racks are available at Elizabeth Gate. Please note: owners leave bikes at their own risk.
There is a designated drop-off/pick-up area in the carriage ring outside Elizabeth Gate and disabled spaces are only a short distance from the Gate (more disabled parking information can be found below).
- Please note that local parking is limited.
- Kew cannot reserve spaces, so allow time to park.
- Kew the Movies car parking operates at Kew’s Herbarium car park on Kew Green. Please note Kew's Brentford Gate car park at Ferry Lane is not being used for this event.
- There are five disabled parking spaces in the Herbarium car park and three further spaces are available adjacent to Elizabeth Gate on Kew Green.
- Parking is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The car park closes at midnight.
- Free parking is also available on Kew Road - however, this road is congested at peak times.
- Parking restrictions apply on most of the residential streets around Kew and on parts of Kew Road, so please check parking restrictions carefully.
Information about disabled facilities including access to Kew Gardens, viewing areas and toilets.
- Kew the Movies car parking operates at Kew’s Herbarium car park, on Kew Green. Please note: Kew's Brentford Gate car park at Ferry Lane is not being used for this event.
- There are five disabled parking spaces in the Herbarium car park.
- There are also three marked disabled parking spaces on Kew Green. These are public spaces on the public highway, available on a first come, first served basis.
- The car park closes at midnight.
- Kew is unable to reserve parking spaces in advance so we advise drivers to allow plenty of time to secure a parking space .
Access to the arena
- A disabled guest plus one carer may enter from 6.15pm (15 minutes before the general public) via Elizabeth Gate.
- The event site has flat, step-free access throughout. It should still be noted that some areas of the grounds at the event site are uneven and special care should be taken while moving around the site.
Disabled viewing area
- There is a designated disabled viewing area at the event. The stewarding team, wearing yellow high-visibility vests, will be on hand to guide you to the location.
- The designated area is accessible via a flat route and offers excellent views of the screen.
- Please note that space within the disabled viewing area is solely for the use of disabled guests plus one carer per guest.
If you plan to arrive early, we recommend you bring a folding chair for the queue.
There are accessible toilets in easy reach (approximately 50 metres) of the disabled viewing area.
Wheelchair access and guide dogs
- There are wheelchairs at each gate, available on a first-come, first-served basis. Mobility scooters are not available.
- Guide dogs or registered disability assistance dogs are allowed within the Gardens. Other dogs are not allowed.