Christmas at Kew illuminated trail - tickets and booking information
Tickets for the Christmas at Kew illuminated trail are now on sale. You can buy tickets online, over the phone and at the gates. Entry to the Christmas village is free.
Please note, there are a limited number of tickets for each session on the illuminated trail. We recommend booking in advance as we cannot guarantee availability on the night.
Trail ticket prices
- Adult: £12.50
- Children (5yrs -16yrs): £8.00
- Family ticket (2 adults and 2 children, 5yrs -16yrs) £38.00
- Children under 5yrs go free
- Disabled ticket holders are entitled to one free ticket for an essential carer/companion. See more detailed access information for the illuminated trail.
A booking fee of £1.25 per individual ticket and £3.20 per family ticket applies to tickets purchased by phone and online.
A fee of £2 per transaction applies for 'print at home' tickets.
A fee of £2.50 per transaction applies for tickets sent by first class post.
No booking fee applies when booking onsite at Kew Gardens. A reduced transaction fee of £1.50 does apply.
Entry to the Christmas village is free.
Santa's Woodland Grotto costs £3 per child.
Rides cost £2 per child.
How to get your tickets
Tickets are now available by phone and online
- Book online
- Call the 24-hour ticket hotline: 0844 995 9675. Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras
- Book in person at Victoria Gate, Kew Gardens. Tickets are available for sale during Garden opening hours
- Group discounts available for groups of 20 and over. Call 0844 412 4650
*Tickets purchased by phone and online will be sent out within two weeks of your ticket purchase. If you have a query relating to your ticket purchased by phone or internet, please contact the customer service desk at seetickets.com or call 0844 9959675.
Within 7 days of an event, any tickets bought by phone and online will be available for collection from the onsite box office, on the night of the event.
Please check your booking carefully before you make your purchase, as tickets cannot be exchanged for another date/time.
Detailed ticket information
Please book early to avoid disappointment. Each timed entry has a limited capacity and the early evening slots are likely to be extremely popular.
If there are any remaining tickets left on the evening of an event, these will be available from the box office at Victoria Gate.
All patrons (including children under 5yrs) must have their own valid ticket, which must be produced to gain entry to the event.
Buy 'print at home' tickets in advance and avoid the queues
For the Christmas at Kew illuminated trail we are operating 'print at home' tickets. This means you save on postage costs and your tickets arrive immediately upon purchase. It will also reduce queuing times for entry to the event.
'Print at home' tickets will be scanned on entry to the event. Please to not attempt to duplicate the ticket as it can only be scanned once.
- If you're leaving tickets for collection by other members of your party please leave these at the Kew box office, Victoria Gate. Kew takes no responsibility for tickets left for collection.
Terms and conditions
- All visitors are reminded that the illuminated trail is an outdoor event and the weather may be inclement. It is their responsibility to wear appropriate outdoor clothing and footwear.
- For safety reasons, no naked flames (eg candles, night lights, flares and lanterns) are allowed.
- As per our ticket terms & conditions we would like to remind you that as a ticket holder you are consenting to photography and filming by Kew/Raymond Gubbay Ltd and their partners that may be used for promotional purposes.
- Please leave quietly at the end of the event out of consideration for our neighbours, and place all litter in the bins provided.
- Kew, RGL and its ticketing partners See Tickets and Ticketmaster are unable to exchange tickets once purchased or offer refunds/duplicates on unwanted/lost tickets.
- Inevitably bad weather can affect any open-air event. If we have to cancel the event as it unsafe to proceed, visitors will be offered an alternative date/time. No refunds will be offered simply if the weather is inclement. Any decision to cancel the event will be taken at 2pm on the day of an event.
- If the event is cancelled by us due to weather and patrons are not able to attend an alternative night offered, then a refund will be considered on a case by case basis.
- If we are not able to offer visitors an alternative night, then in this case a refund will be offered.
- Where a refund is due, the ticket must be returned within 28 days of the event due date. The booking fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew