How to get to Kew
Find out how to get here and which gate to use.
We strongly encourage the use of public transport on event evenings as parking in the area is very limited.
Which gate to use
- Entrance and exit for all ticket holders is via Victoria Gate on Kew Road. There is no public entrance or exit via any other gate at Kew.
- Use the District line (Richmond branch) or the London Overground (Stratford to Richmond) to Kew Gardens (zone 3). From here it is a 5 minute walk to Victoria Gate.
- South West Trains from Waterloo, via Vauxhall and Clapham Junction, stop at Kew Bridge station. From Kew Bridge station it is a 15-minute walk (1.6km) to Victoria Gate.
Check Transport for London for more detailed information.
- Number 65 bus runs between Kingston and Ealing
- Number 391 bus runs between Richmond and Fulham.
- Routes 237 and 267 stop at Kew Bridge station.
Visit Transport for London for alternative routes and more detailed information
- Bike park racks are available at Victoria Gate. Please note owners leave bikes at their own risk.
Local parking is limited so we do encourage you to use public transport where possible.
If you do decide to drive, Kew cannot reserve spaces, so please allow time to park.
Please note Brentford Gate car park will be closed on Christmas at Kew evenings.
Disabled Parking at Kew Gardens
There are three marked disabled parking spaces on Kew Green, around 700 m from the event entrance at Victoria Gate. These are public spaces on the public highway and are available on a first come, first served basis. Read more about access information.
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew