Recommended attractions for group visits
Take a look at our recommendations for your visit to Kew Gardens this season. Plan your day around one of our suggested itineraries or pick and choose the bits that you'd like to do. Parties of ten or more paying visitors making a single payment together qualify for a group discount.
Take a fresh look at Kew
There’s so much to see at Kew Gardens from glasshouses bursting with tropical plants to peaceful strolls alongside the river Thames through our 326 acres of gardens. Don’t miss a visit to Kew Palace between April and September for a glimpse into Kew’s royal past or take to the trees for fabulous views from the Xstrata Treetop Walkway. A day at Kew Gardens wouldn’t be complete without afternoon tea in the stunning Orangery restaurant, with views to the north end of Kew's Arboretum from its sunny terrace.
10.00 am - your day begins at Victoria Gate at 10am, where a warm welcome awaits
- 10.30am - after coffee and a comfort break, explore the lush interior of Kew's iconic Palm House.
- 11am - hop on the Kew Explorer for a tour around the gardens, passing the stunning Pagoda.
- 11.20am - hop off at stop 4 to stroll around the tranquil Waterlily Pond, and then up Cedar Vista. Turn right to walk alongside the lake and over the Sackler Crossing. Continue on to the Bamboo Garden before re-boarding the Kew Explorer at stop 5.
- Lunch - leave the Kew Explorer at stop 7 to enjoy lunch in the Orangery Restaurant. After lunch, visit Kew Palace and Royal Kitchens which are included in your visit at no extra cost (open 29 March to 28 September 2014).
- Afternoon - marvel at giant waterlilies in the Princess of Wales Conservatory and the Waterlily House, or perhaps use your Kew Explorer ticket to explore other attractions including galleries of botanical art or the Xstrata Treetop Walkway.
- 3pm - treat yourself to afternoon tea in the Orangery Restaurant or homemade cakes in Victoria Plaza Cafe.
- 4pm - rejoin your coach at either Elizabeth Gate or Victoria Gate, ready for your journey home.
How to book
To book a group visit at Kew Gardens, download a group visit booking form from our prices and booking page.
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew