Group visits - enhance your visit with a tour
Make the most of your day at Kew Gardens by booking a guided tour or tickets for the Kew Explorer.
Guided tours of Kew Gardens
Bring out the magic of Kew Gardens for your group by booking a tour with our experienced guides. Learn more about the amazing 250 year history of this World Heritage Site, uncover its royal past and discover more about the important work Kew does today.
Our guides can tailor-make tours to suit your group, show you their own favourite parts of the Gardens and give you an overview of what is in season. A guided tour is also a great way to get the most out of Kew's festivals, or you can choose to take your group 'behind the scenes' (subject to guide availability).
Take a trip on the Kew Explorer
A tour on the Kew Explorer land train is a great introduction to Kew Gardens. Your driver-guide provides a 40 minute tour with commentary. Tickets are valid for the whole day, subject to availability, and you can hop-on/hop-off at the seven stops around the route.
Prices on the day
- 1 April - 31 October 2013: Adults £4; Children (aged 16 and under) £1 if brought on the day of your visit
- 1 November 2013 - 28 February 2014: Adults £2; Children £1 if bought on the day of your visit
Tickets are available from the driver, entrance gates and Victoria Plaza shop.
Save money; buy tickets in advance with your group booking
If you buy tickets for the Kew Explorer in advance, the group adult price is £3.00, and child (under 17) price is £1.00. Please call +44 (0)20 8332 5648 for more details.
The Kew Explorer is also available for private hire. Please call +44 (0)20 8332 5617 for more details.
Catering at Kew
At Kew we recognise that morning coffee, a delicious lunch or afternoon tea is an essential part of a great day out. All Kew's food is freshly produced on site from quality ingredients, and we can provide anything from a quick snack to a sit down meal. We can offer two options to suit your requirements.
To find out more about group catering options, please contact either our caterers Peyton and Byrne on +44 (0)208 332 5186 or the Travel Trade office on +44 (0) 208 332 5648.
Book ahead for lunch
Call Kew’s catering contractors Peyton and Byrne on +44 (0) 208 332 5186 at least 48 hours before your visit to book lunch in either the Pavilion* or Orangery restaurants. Example menus follow:
Hot option - £22.00 each
- Meat / Vegetarian hot meal
- Hot apple pie with clotted cream
- Tea or coffee
- Glass of wine or Elderflower pressé
Light lunch option - £15.00 each
- Freshly made quiche & salad (choice of either chicken, salmon or vegetarian)
- Lemon tart with strawberry coulis
- Tea or coffee
- Glass of Elderflower pressé
Sandwich lunch option - £13.00 each
- Platter of mixed sandwiches
- Tea or coffee
- Glass of elderflower pressé
Afternoon tea - £16.50 each
- Scone with jam and cream
- Selection of mini biscuits, pastries and cakes
- Selection of finger sandwiches
- Tea or coffee with refills
*In 2013 the Pavilion Restaurant is open from 28 March to late October.
Buy catering vouchers for greater flexibility
Simplify your visit with great value meal vouchers available for groups of 10 or more visitors. Please contact us for voucher information +44 (0) 208 332 5648
Morning/Afternoon snack voucher - £4.50
- Filter coffee or tea with either a scone with jam and cream or a muffin.
Light lunch voucher* - £8.50
- A freshly made sandwich, bowl of hot soup and a freshly brewed tea or a filter coffee.
Hot meal voucher** - £12.50
- Chef's daily hot meal, a freshly baked cake of the day and a freshly brewed tea or a filter coffee.
*Not available at Victoria Gate Cafe **Only available at the Orangery Restaurant
How to book
To book a group visit at Kew Gardens, download a group visit booking form from our prices and booking page.
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew