Kew Gardens – the official mobile app
Discover what’s in bloom today, find spectacular glasshouses and uncover hidden gems – all with Kew’s completely free mobile app, available for both iPhone and Android smartphones. Whether you’re a regular visitor or on your first trip to Kew, our app is designed to help you explore more of Kew Gardens and dig deeper into our science and horticulture.
Kew Gardens – the official app features:
- Stunning photos of today's highlights, plus their location – as picked by our plant experts and visitors.
- An interactive garden map – search for something in particular or browse what's near you. Customise it to show just what you want to see.
- Detailed information about Kew's garden attractions – from architecture and landscape design to planting and Kew's conservation work.
- A QR code scanner so you can scan codes on Kew's new plant labels to reach detailed plant profiles, image galleries and videos.
- Image galleries, tagged with each photos’ location so you can find its subject in the garden.
- Likes and comments so you can easily find info about your favourite Kew attractions again, and leave your thoughts and questions.
- Facebook and Twitter integration so you can share your visit with friends.
- Cafe and restaurant opening times and menus.
With this app you'll never miss your favourite spring blossoms and bulbs, summer blooms or autumn colour again. Want fun stuff for kids? Not a problem... we’ve got plenty of play spaces and kid's missions to complete. Come to relax and get wonderfully lost in nature? That's fine too... we'll find you calming views and quiet spots.
Tell us what you think
We’d love to know what you think about our app so we can improve it in future. Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Downloading the app at Kew
Getting our app at Kew is easy – you can download it for free using our Wi-Fi hotspots. Find them at all Kew’s entrances, cafes and restaurants and at other selected locations on site – just look out for the Wi-Fi signs.
Step by step instructions
- Press the Menu button, then tap Settings
- Tap Wireless and networks, then Wi-Fi settings
- Select the network called KewMobileApp, then tap Connect
- Press the Home button, then tap your Google Play icon
- Tap Search and type Kew Gardens
- Select 'Kew Gardens: the official app', tap Download, and follow the on-screen instructions
- Select Settings
- Select Wi-Fi, and ensure that the Wi-Fi slider is turned on
- Tap the network called KewMobileApp
- Close Settings and find your App Store icon
- Enter the App Store, tap Search and type Kew Gardens
- Select 'Kew Gardens: the official app', tap Free then Install, and follow the on-screen instructions
Please note that by using Kew’s Wi-Fi network you agree to our terms and conditions.
Wi-Fi terms and conditions
Use of the ‘Kew Gardens app’ Wi-Fi network is at your own risk and it is your responsibility to ensure that you have adequate and current anti-virus and other malware protection installed, both to protect your own equipment and that of other network users. Please note that internet access via this network may be unfiltered, which may not be appropriate for children or young people. You are expected to behave reasonably at all times and to avoid behaviour or activities that would inconvenience other network users, or cause risk or damage to Kew's services, facilities or reputation. The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew reserves the right to suspend or terminate network access without warning. For further information please contact email@example.com
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew