Kew Gardens access guide - facilities
Find out about the facilities available at Kew Gardens for visitors with additional needs, such as limited mobility, sight loss, learning disability and deafness.
- Download our visitor information map (pdf)
- Download our getting to Kew Gardens map (pdf), showing gate locations
- Guide dogs or registered disability assistance dogs are all welcome. Please ask for water at any of our catering outlets. We regret that other dogs are not allowed in the Gardens.
Places to rest
- There are dozens of comfortable benches distributed throughout the Gardens.
- You will find accessible toilet facilities within easy reach of all the main attractions, cafes and gates and their location is clearly marked on the visitor information map (pdf).
- A few metres from Brentford Gate there is a specialised adult changing facility that is accessible for disabled people, fully equipped with hoist and changing bench. A Radar NKS key is required to enter and is available to borrow from the ticket kiosk at Brentford Gate. Please bring your own sling.
Eating, drinking and shopping
- All our cafes have level access and are self service.
- Both shops at Kew Gardens are accessible to wheelchairs .
Rhizotron and Xstrata Treetop Walkway
- The Rhizotron is fully accessible to wheelchairs and mobility scooters. You enter via a path on a gentle downwards slope with handrail, on a smooth surface. The exit path is an identical upward slope.
- The Xstrata Treetop Walkway lift is available for disabled and mobility impaired visitors.
- Mobility scooters and pushchairs are not permitted on the Xstrata Treetop Walkway.
- Discover the Rhizotron and Xstrata Treetop Walkway
Visit Kew Gardens
- Ticket information and prices. Please note: Registered blind/partially sighted visitors can enter for free as can essential carers. Please notify the admissions staff when you buy your ticket.
- Coming up at Kew Gardens
- More garden attractions
- Opening times
- Become a Friend of Kew
- FREE - download our official mobile app
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew