Key Stage 1 - Number, shape, colour and space activity tour
In this session, students use their sorting and counting skills to explore the variety of colours, shapes and sizes of plants in nature.
Students explore maths and design in the Number, shape, colour and space activity tour.
Students learn to estimate and measure trees in their growing environment. They sort leaves, flowers, and seeds based on size and colour and create pieces of ephemeral art.
- Length: 45 minutes
- Group size: 15 students
- Minimum supervision required: 1 adult per 5 students
- Programme cost: Please check our Prices and FAQs page for up to date costs
School visits at Kew Gardens support and enhance the curriculum offered in schools. We aim to give students unique opportunities for learning outside the classroom.
This session offers students the opportunity to:
- count objects in nature
- sort natural objects based on colour, shape, size or other physical properties
- demonstrate that the same group of objects may be sorted in different ways
- create a piece of art using natural materials.
- Science - working scientifically, plants
- Maths - numbers, geometry
- Art and Design - investigating materials
- English - spoken language